Student Personnel Assistant - Workforce & Economic Development
Job Posting Title Student Personnel Assistant - Workforce & Economic Development Location Los Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College) Department Location Career Education Posting Number C01467P The Institution
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College ( FLC ) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The College and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville ( EDC ) and the Rancho Cordova Center ( RCC ), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of academic programs, student support services, learning modalities (including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the main Folsom campus.
The main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture, and entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to FLC’s Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the opportunity to perform and learn in a world-class facility.
The main Folsom campus provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire, and enrich our diverse student population, including students from historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our College awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into California State Universities and numerous private and non-profit four-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education (CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who wish to continue their education at a four-year college or university.
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
The main Folsom campus believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus, and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward just and fair inclusion into a society in which all people can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to equity-driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in our community.
Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, assists in the support of Workforce and Economic Development ( WED ) Center operations related to providing service for classes, seminars and workshops. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Click Here .]
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details.)
Serve as resource person to staff, students, clients, potential clients and the community; provide information about WED programs over the telephone and in person; assist in planning WED activities and events; prepare WED materials for classes, seminars and workshops; assemble data and prepare reports; assist with follow-up studies and activities to evaluate WED services supports WED programs and operations, including business and facility functions; create/manage the WED master calendar; establish and maintain relationships with business, government and industry partners in support of Workforce & Economic Development; perform general office duties such as filing, e-mailing, and maintaining records; prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports and other materials; oversee temporary employees; and perform related duties as required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION : The Student Personnel Assistant is an active member of the college’s Career Education Division that provides support for 22 Career Education programs. The department administers the Strong Workforce and Perkins funding, which includes the coordination of relevant committee work, meetings, travel arrangements, and contracts.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE : Two years of experience directly related to the duties of the position with a community college, or related experience in an educational or community service agency serving small business, industry or government.
EDUCATION : Completion of an Associate’s Degree or 60 semester units (90 quarter units) from an accredited institution. NOTE : An additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for up to one year of college education.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (required)
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Letter of Interest (required)
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $3,843.04 per month Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note
Posting Date 06/08/2021 Closing Date 06/28/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Start Date 8/16/21
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15327 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento