Manager of Admissions and Outreach
Manager of Admissions and Outreach
Salary: $62,400.00 Annually
Job Number: 2015-1602859
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: School of Education
Closing: 7/12/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Enrollment and Student Success (ESS) the Manager of Admissions and Outreach is responsible for the recruitment, evaluation and admissions process for all KSOE academic programs. This person acts as the main external and internal contact for the KSOE Admissions and student recruitment team and provides timely and efficient answers to information requests. This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating on-campus and off-campus recruiting events. The director of admissions implements the admissions and outreach strategies within KSOE. This position ensures results in terms of reaching admissions funnel targets, adhering to budget, delivering a superior recruitment experience and high level of customer satisfaction with the admissions and operation team. The ultimate goal is to successfully promote and achieve enrollment target goals for KSOE.
1. Communicate and implement the strategic outreach for admissions/ recruitment plan for KSOE. Responsible for gathering, analyzing and integrating enrollment related market research and developing effective programs to achieve enrollment targets. Responsible for adhering to the admissions & outreach budget.
2. Collaborate with the Sr. Director for Enrollment and Student Success (ESS) to develop an effective recruiting strategy that meets KSOE program goals and enrollment targets. Coordinate faculty and staff representatives to attend on-campus and off-campus recruiting events. Based on market research & prospect/student feedback, recommend and implement changes that will improve KSOE's competitive position.
3. Understanding enrollment management and data analysis as it relates to prospects and applicants. Responsible for streamlining the entire admissions process from prospect to enrolled student. Designs and implements new processes and procedures based on data.
4. Collaborate with the KSOE Director of External Relations to develop effective print, online, ads, collateral and advertising (brochures, special insert, reprints, testimonials, flyers). Collaborate with Social Media Specialist to ensure website effectively markets KSOE programs. Monitor/maintain its currency along with external relations team.
5. Supervision of Admissions & Outreach Specialist and Admissions counselors/recruiter(s). Lead KSOE user and trainer on SLATE platform.
6. Collaborate with other departments on campus to build relationships and leverage best practices (college communications, financial aid, admissions, advancement, information technology, career center, centralized admissions, and slate team).
Experience and Qualifications
Education: REQUIRED: BA PREFERRED:
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience):
3-5 years of recruiting or admissions in higher education (preferably in graduate education program)
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) This position requires strong planning and communication skills (oral and written), and the ability to positively represent Saint Mary's College to the public at large. Excellent verbal and written skills, including public speaking skills; able to work independently and as a member of a team; high level of initiative; outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/deadlines; strong proficiency in using Windows operating systems, MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint), email and internet usage; experience working with databases and database management; experience working with social networking sites (ex: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc); strong eye for detail; ability to work cooperatively and effectively with all members of a culturally diverse campus community.
Licenses & Certifications (e.g. CPA, RN, etc.): REQUIRED: PREFERRED:
Other Requirements: (e.g. travel, weekend/evening work) Evening and weekend hours are required. Travel to various recruiting events in the Bay Area is also required. There are an average 2-3 travel events per month, and an average of 4-5 evening events per month with the occasional Saturday event.
Supplemental Information Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys