As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Systems Librarian administers the library's systems, web site, software, and equipment. Provides leadership for electronic resource management and online library services by investigating, planning, recommending, designing, implementing, and administering established and new library technology. Works in collaboration with the Office of Information Technology to develop and deliver library technology services and to anticipate and meet emerging technology needs. This position will also serve as liaison to academic departments as assigned and as a member of the faculty with rank, but without tenure, as per the Susquehanna Faculty handbook.
- Identify, evaluate, and select new and replacement library
software and databases
- Maintain the Library Services Platform (LSP), library
databases, and other electronic resources
- Work collaboratively to ensure proper function of all
electronic databases. Serve as a first point of contact for
troubleshooting access to electronic resources and other library
- Liaise with the Office of Information Technology to ensure
seamless integration with library systems and the campus
infrastructure including occasional attendance at IT department
- Collaborates with Information Technology to support SU 2.0
process including development of cloud strategy.
- Provide liaison support to academic departments for
curriculum-related, research and collection development
- Stay up to date on current industry trends in discovery, search
and delivery systems
- Advise on library's technology budget for hardware/software
- Serve as library's technology representative to relevant
ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library science or equivalent.
At least two years of experience working with library systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to support library-specific software (such as Alma, Primo VE, ILLiad, Springshare, ArchivesSpace) and library-specific hardware (label printers, microform machines, scanners)
• Ability to implement and manage library applications and electronic resource systems
• Knowledge of MARC format and other cataloging principles
• Knowledge of EZProxy or other authentication software
• Knowledge of web publishing platforms (such as Omeka, WordPress) as well as image and text repository applications (such as CONTENTdm, Digital Commons, Islandora)
• Skilled at oral and written communication
• Ability to support research and information needs of students and faculty in a liberal arts setting
• Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students
Position requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Working conditions are indoor.
Experience working with Alma or other library services platforms (LSPs) in an academic library is preferred. Experience working with a diverse population strongly preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Number of Months: 12 months
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Posting Date: 06/04/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Anticipated Start Date:
Posting Number: AH00740
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/2305