Associate Director, Alumni Networks
Saint Joseph’s University
Associate Director, Alumni Networks
As the University continues to place an emphasis on developing enhanced Alumni Relations programming that engages a broad spectrum of our alumni, parents, and friends, it is critical that we expand upon how our alumni connect with their alma mater. As a member of the Alumni Relations team, the Associate Director, Alumni Networks is responsible for the managing Saint Joseph Alumni volunteers across our primary regions (defined below) and also other key volunteer activities. The Associate Director (AD) will work closely with the Director of Alumni Networks, the SJU National Alumni Board (NAB), colleagues across the Office of Advancement, and key volunteer leaders to form appropriate chapter structures, goals, and measures of success across each volunteer group. The AD will develop and oversee high visibility programs and will be a key partner working with other SJU Alumni Relations staff to ensure volunteers are actively participating in priority programs. All of these activities are designed to deepen engagement opportunities and highlight the benefit of being a Saint Joseph’s University alum.
The Associate Director will take the lead on identifying opportunities to enhance Alumni Relations use of existing engagement tools (e.g. imodules) in event registrations, email communications, and constituent data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance the overall engagement of alumni within regional networks, specifically focusing on managing Regional Chapters and volunteers in areas that have established chapters (e.g. NYC, Washington DC, Boston, South Jersey) as well as event and communication support for all non-established regions represented by National Alumni Board members.
- Create and implement an annual events calendar that engages a wide array of alumni in targeted regions. Collaborate with chapter leadership to oversee execution of these individual events while working with SJU alumni, Advancement colleagues, and University Communications to track participation and meet current engagement metrics.
- Manage SJU Alumni Affinity ChaptersSupport chapters with planning and execution of signature events, marketing/communications, board management, and member recruitment.
- Collaborate with Athletics and local regional chapters to host alumni engagement events when SJU teams compete in various regions.
- Identify and lead efforts to maximize use of existing engagement tools for event registrations, email communication, and constituent data collections.
- Further integrate philanthropy into the alumni relations enterprise by developing connections between alumni engagement activities and the current fundraising campaign.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
Evening/weekend hours and travel required (especially during academic year). In addition, the Associate Director must participate in and support the Office of Advancement special events and programs as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of professional experience in event planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, maintain flexibility and balance numerous competing projects or tasks, often under pressure from colleagues, vendors and campus partners.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships and communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Attention to detail, knowledge of AP style and proofreading skills. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working experience with event registration systems, email communication systems, and constituent data collection systems
- imodules experience preferred
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/18247
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Philadelphia