The Educational Technologist, Digital Learning is responsible for the use and application of e-learning tools for audiences ranging from high school to graduate programs for an international audience for BrandEd.
BrandEd is the holding company which houses Sotheby’s Institute of Art and The School of The New York Times. Our strategy is to partner with the world’s most iconic and premier brands to create innovative, compelling, experiential academic programs ranging from Pre-College to the master’s degree with locations in NY and London and partnerships in Mexico City, Seoul, Beijing, and Paris.
The Educational Technologist supports faculty and students in the appropriate application of educational technology to meet the needs of students with multiple learning styles within a blended and online environment. S/he will be responsible for introducing and incorporating appropriate technology for teaching and learning, handling support issues related to such use cases, and leading faculty and student training on digital platforms. S/he will work independently or with faculty and students to ensure smooth operations across different environments. S/he will demonstrate and use effective analysis, project management, course management, and evaluation skills in order to train and enhance the strengths of individual faculty members, assisting them to provide multiple modes of learning, to utilize the Learning Management System, multimedia, and other distance learning modalities effectively.
The Educational Technologist will liaise with admissions, IT, subject area program directors, and experts from the BrandEd schools to ensure faculty, students, and administrators have proper access to e-learning tools and environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following, but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary, which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures pedagogical excellence in utilizing e-learning tools and environments from inception to completion; this includes, but is not limited to: instructional strategies, faculty training, student support, learning management systems, assessment techniques for measured learning, and appropriate integration of instructional technologies, troubleshooting and best practices.
• Manages the course setup, build and Quality Assurance for new and existing online courses in the LMS in collaboration with Instructional Designers and other Digital Learning Team Members
• Identifies needs, requirements, and pricing for the use of educational technology, and the ongoing monitoring of these tools, software, and platforms.
• Works closely with faculty on technology integration during course planning and curriculum design; consults with faculty, both individually and in teams, on established pedagogical standards for online learning.
• Works with IT to ensure adequate customer service via tickets and 1:1 support training for lower-tier needs regarding online platforms.
• Handles support for faculty and student issues related to technology used for teaching and learning.
• Provides innovative solutions and constant improvement to the application of educational technology in blended and online courses.
• Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
• Support and embrace diversity.
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience in using technology to support teaching and learning in both blended and online environments.
• Be proficient on multiple learning management systems; Canvas course admin experience required.
• Experience in identifying digital learning tools that will solve a problem in an effective and cost-sensitive way.
• Able to learn new technologies quickly and know how to share that knowledge with people of all technical levels.
• Experience developing and delivering training workshops for faculty.
• Extensive knowledge of current best practices in online education, including learning theory, delivery models, technology tools, infrastructure, quality control, and metrics.
• Strong customer service skills and experience in troubleshooting technical issues.
• Knowledge of media technology and instructional design theory; experience and competence with media development tools and course/learning management systems.
• Strong presentation, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent project management skills; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
• Sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully in a collaborative manner within a team-oriented academic environment and with faculty with varying levels of instructional technology skills.
• Proven ability to be a self-starter and work effectively with a team of diverse constituents.
• Demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Support and embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
• Regular weekday (Monday-Friday) attendance/availability is required during core business hours.
• Ability to work additional hours, if necessary.
Education, Work Experience, and/or
• Minimum 2 years professional experience in educational technology, preferably in higher education
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred in instructional design, educational technology, or related field.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status required language SkillsExcellent verbal, written, and digital communication skills in English.
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and downstairs, crouch, stoop and reach
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Basic office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
BrandEd Holdings LLC reserves the right to modify this job description in its sole discretion.
BrandEd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for Educational Technologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Arts Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Art Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Art History Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Other Arts Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City