Visiting Assistant Professor in Communication Design(Tenure Line Faculty)The School of Art and Desig
The School of Art and Design features many areas of study and offers five undergraduate programs: communication design, studio, photography, art education, and art history. It also offers an M.F.A. program in communication design. Our programs are nationally and regionally recognized, including our B.F.A. and M.F.A. in communication design. We believe in fostering conceptual and technical abilities necessary for artistic expression, and our more than 80 diverse faculty members support this effort.
We are seeking a diverse range of communication design educators for a visiting assistant professor in communication design position for the academic year 2021-2022, with the possibility of renewal for a second year. We are looking for faculty to collaborate within our large and successful program and contribute to maintaining and improving its position as one of the premier programs in our ever-changing field. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
- Teach three courses per semester, per academic year at the B.F.A. and /or M.F.A. level as assigned by the Director.
- Engage in service to the school, college, university, community and profession.
Texas State University, an emerging research university, offers more than 200 undergraduate and post-graduate degrees through our nine academic colleges. Located in San Marcos, it is well situated between the vibrant design and technology communities in Austin and San Antonio.
Texas State University is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. The university strives to cultivate a diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective, and a sense of community as essential conditions for campus life (www.txstate.edu/about/mission). Women, members of minority and underrepresented groups, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
• An M.F.A., M.Des., or Ph.D. degree in communication design,
visual communication, graphic design or related discipline
completed by date of hire;
• A record of professional accomplishments in research/creative activity within the area of communication design;
• Knowledge of and experience with computer-mediated technologies and core software applications relevant to the communication design discipline (e.g., Macintosh OS, Adobe Creative Suite);
• Excellent typography skills (demonstrated through professional work);
• Knowledge in emerging technologies within the field;
• Strong conceptual and formal design skills; and
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
One or more years of successful undergraduate and /or graduate
university/college level teaching (may include graduate teaching
assistant appointment) as it pertains to the communication design
• Curriculum development for communication design;
• Demonstrated engagement in service to school, college, university, community and/or profession;
• Online or hybrid teaching experience; and
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34991.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the materials listed below by June 15, 2021:
1. Letter of Application stating how your experience and
credentials fulfill the requirements for this position (not to
exceed two pages).
2. Curriculum vitae including phone number, email address and professional website link.
3. Up to 20 digital files (multi-page, single PDF) representing 10 of your creative works (may include time-based excerpts no longer than five minutes each).
4. Digital files (multi-page, single PDF) of 10 student works created under your direction.
5. An annotated list for both personal and student files. For personal work, state title, media, and date. For student work, provide course title, media, date, and assignment.
6. A statement addressing your current creative/professional work in relationship to the future of the communication design discipline (one page maximum).
7. A statement of Teaching Philosophy.
8. Contact information (e-mail address, phone numbers) for three current references.
Examples of web/video/animation motion graphics must be listed as hyperlinks within the PDF file and link to portfolio web sites or video sharing sites such as Vimeo. Do not upload motion graphics files.
All correspondence regarding the search will be conducted via email. Please send any inquiries to email@example.com and include job number (202142FAC) in all correspondence.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Wimberley
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Wimberley
- Art Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Wimberley
- Design & Graphic Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Wimberley