Associate Dean-Careers & Continuing Education
ASSOCIATE DEAN - CAREERS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
Reporting to the Dean of College to Careers, the Associate Dean of Careers and Continuing Education will provide academic leadership and management oversight for Career and Technical Educational (CTE) instructional programs and the non-credit Continuing Education (CE) program at City Colleges of Chicago’s (CCC) Olive-Harvey campus.
The Associate Dean of Careers and Continuing Education works in tandem with the Dean and faculty to strategically plan for the effective management, conduct, and evaluation of Careers/CTE programs and initiatives in order to achieve optimal learning outcomes and ensure student success. The position also works collaboratively with Dean of College to Careers in providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction for credit/ transfer and career programs at the college.
- Plans, administers, manages and evaluates Careers/ CTE programs and course offerings in areas to include: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Criminal Justice, Automotive & Diesel Technology, and Transportation.
- Provides leadership and coordination in support of Careers/CTE programs and services, with a focus on teaching excellence, student learning and success, assessment of outcomes, and continuous improvement of programs.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive CE program offering professional and personal development non-credit courses that are responsive to current and emerging community and workforce needs and interests, and that align with the college’s mission and goals.
- Provides management oversight of CE program processes, including creating and implementing courses; budgeting and hiring of instructors; producing semester course schedules; and developing marketing strategies to promote program courses.
- Works with the Director of Career Planning and Placement to create and maintain partnerships with industry and business organizations to identify, develop, and secure internships, work- place learning, and employment opportunities.
- Within guidelines set by Board/Union Collective Bargaining Agreements, evaluates full-time and part-time faculty to ensure continuity of quality classroom instruction in both the credit and continuing education environment.
- In support of the Dean of College to Careers, works closely with Department Chairpersons to maintain academic and logistical operations including course scheduling, faculty assignment, and ordering of textbooks.
- Participates in the institutional accreditation process and accreditation processes for individual Careers/CTE programs as directed.
- A Master’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Public Administration, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Five years of work experience as a college administrator, program chair, faculty member, or related program management experience
- Demonstrated excellent supervisory, administrative, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of planning, program development, evaluation, and budgeting, preferably in a community college setting
- Experience working in a unionized, higher education setting preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); familiarity with Customer Relationship Management) CRM systems.
WE OFFER:Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago