Executive Director-Strategic Initiatives
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
Olive-Harvey College is looking a Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives to provide comprehensive leadership for the collection, analysis, and application of data across the college, directing research and data analysis staff and working closely with senior staff in implementing strategic planning, assessment, accreditation and grant funded initiatives and meeting compliance requirements. The Executive Director position is a leadership position, participating in developing strategic plans, providing relevant and actionable data to help drive continuous improvement, and collaborating with key stakeholders in implementing strategies and initiatives to achieve the college’s mission and goals. Working in collaboration with Vice Presidents, Deans, and college stakeholders, the Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives (IE) provides leadership, administrative direction, and oversight of initiatives in areas including, but not limited to: Operational efficiency, Instructional quality, Resource allocation, Data analysis and reporting, and Process Improvement Performs. The Executive Director will supervise the following departments: Research & Planning, Child Development Center, Marketing, and Reprographics.
- Directs and manages priority IE work from planning through
- Defining project or initiative scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Managing project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Aligning efforts across teams and locations.
- Generating metrics to measure team and project impact and hold the team accountable success.
- Manages the life cycle of major projects, including acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of college-wide teams, district personnel and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Proposed new strategies and gains resource commitments to improve operations, instructional quality and student outcomes.
- Develops a proactive and robust approach to data management to ensure the college’s data and reports are accurate, easily accessible and directly relevant to the work of faculty, staff and administrators.
- Applies a research lens to the work so that data variables are identified, tracked and evaluated and to enhance evidence-based decision making.
- Responsible for in-depth data analysis and reporting related to district level KPI’s. Expected data analysis requires a deep understanding of statistics and the tools used to find answers and create reports.
- Oversees college-wide projects aimed at improving process, policy, and technology to increase impact.
- Drives collaboration between departments to improve
institutional systems, structures and resource allocation to
increase student access and goal attainment in the Institutional
Effectiveness program. Examples of cross-departmental work may
- Working with District Decision Support and external research partners to proactively develop strategy and progress measures based on data trends.
- Working with the Enrollment Management team to improve registration and onboarding for all students.
- Working with the Office of Vice President of Academic Affairs to evaluate programs through the program review process
- Working with the Office of the Vice President of Finance and Operations to align budget and resources to strategy
- Working with Senior Leadership team to operationalize vision, strategy, and plans
- Manages the Strategy and Research functions of the college and supports skills development of college faculty and staff for strategic problem-solving, planning, and performance management. Oversees the preparation of a variety of internal and external compliance reports and ensures the timely response to ad hoc requests by faculty, administrators and staff.
- Works closely with college constituents that are responsible for meeting compliance requirements from state, federal and other external entities, ensuring data analysis and data reporting needs are supported.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Education Administration, Business, or in a research-related field, such as statistics, data science, behavioral science, information systems, or another quantitative discipline.
- Three years of work experience developing solutions to busines problems and implementing solutions with a focus in strategy or operations.
- Two years of experience in institutional research for a community college or other institution of higher education
- Five years of work experience in higher education as an administrator or project manager, or in an educator/faculty role
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials.
WE OFFER:Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City College of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Institutional Research & Planning Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago