Assistant/Associate Professor of Public Health
POSITION: Assistant/Associate Professor of Public Health
DEPARTMENT: College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
STATUS: Full Time
The Department of Public Health in the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences at Campbell University is seeking candidates to fill a full-time, tenure-track, open-rank Faculty position to begin as soon as possible. Individuals will be primarily responsible for teaching graduate courses in health policy/administration. The applicant will be expected to regularly engage in mentoring graduate student research capstones, oversee graduate student practica, serve on university and departmental committees, and aid the department in other functions as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach graduate courses in health policy/administration
- Mentoring graduate student research capstones
- Oversee graduate student practica
- Serve on university and departmental committees
- Conduct research and publish in an area of relevance to rural public health
- Aid the department in other functions as needed
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Uphold and abide by Campbell University policies and procedures, including but not limited to Title IX, and Information Security, including but not limited to; HIPAA, FERPA and other state and federal mandates
- Other job-related duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Doctorate degree (EdD, PhD, DrPH. or equivalent) in Health Policy, Public Policy, Public Health, Political Sciences, Environmental Health Policy or in a related field. Applicants that are “ABD” will be considered
- MPH and CPH or CHES certification desired
- Experience in a higher education or non-profit sector desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Comprehensive computer skills, with the ability to learn and utilize new and emerging technology
- Knowledgeable regarding SPSS and other data management and data expression tools
- Proficiency withMicrosoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and standard methods of digital communication, including web/text/chat platforms
- Proficiency in utilizing/administering social media platforms
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with faculty colleagues, staff, students, high-level university officials and the public
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people
- Exercise independent judgment in complex, new, and/or stressful situations
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, and meet set deadlines
- Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to work in a changing environment
- Ability to work occasionalevening or weekend hours
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the ability to work within the Christian mission of Campbell University
To Apply For This Position:
Campbell University is unable to accept paper or email applications. Interested parties may submit their candidacy by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below, or, if you are viewing this posting via an outside source, visit us online at http://www.campbell.edu/employment/ to apply.
IMPORTANT: A cover letter, CV or resume, and contact information for three professional references are requested as part of the application process. Applications without these attachments may be considered incomplete.
If you have any questions, or if you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an application for employment contact the Human Resources Department at 910-893-1256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Campbell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Campbell University maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Accordingly, the University is committed to administering all educational and employment activities without discrimination as to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity or national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by law, except where appropriate and authorized by law. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: hiring; upgrading; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Employees and applicants of Campbell University will not be subjected to any form of harassment or discrimination for exercising rights protected by, or because of their participation in, an investigation or compliance review related to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998, or any other federal or state nondiscrimination law, rule, or regulation.
Campbell University also maintains affirmative action programs to implement our equal employment opportunity policy. Employees or applicants who wish to review appropriate portions of these affirmative action programs may schedule an appointment to do so by contacting Human Resources at the Buies Creek campus, during normal business hours.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek