Human Resources Assistant (Part-Time)
Human Resources Assistant (Part-Time)
Department: Human Resources
Location: Wellesley Hills
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population.
A highly organized and detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills is needed in the Office of Human Resources and Payroll to serve as the key point person for the office. Responsibilities are clerical, administrative, and confidential in nature, assisting with daily office functions and operations. including answering telephone calls, staffing the reception desk, providing assistance or referrals to employees, applicants, and visitors; maintaining filing and records systems; processing invoices for payment and tracking department expenses; providing staff support for the Executive Director of Human Resources (HR) and other HR and Payroll staff, and assisting with special projects as assigned.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer telephone calls, greet visitors and provide assistance or make referrals to appropriate staff;
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff with questions, problems and/or complaints. Research, respond, and refer as appropriate;
- Perform clerical duties of a confidential nature, including tracking the submission of performance reviews, composing and editing correspondence and reports, and creating and maintaining spreadsheets and charts;
- Maintain filing and records systems, both paper and electronic, of highly confidential documents, including personnel files;
- Responsible for tracking department budget, entering invoices in to the financial database for approval and running quarterly and annual reports;
- Assist in compiling exit interview packets;
- Assist with logistics for trainings and events such as Employee Recognition, Professional Development Days for MCCC & AFSCME, and Administrative Professionals Day;
- Receive, screen, and distribute incoming mail;
- Routinely re-order department supplies;
- Actively participate as an effective member of the department team by completing assigned duties and accepting additional assignment or reassignments, including assistance to Payroll during peak periods;
- Maintain confidentiality of employee, student, and organizational information
Commitment to Equity:
- Support MassBay’s commitment to the Equity Agenda;
- Collaborating with faculty, staff, and students on the College’s strategic initiatives dedicated to closing the equity gap related to student outcomes;
- Support MassBay’s commitment to being anti-racist; embracing a community free of bias and inequality;
- Contribute to discussion and review of applicable College policies with a critical lens toward diversity
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Associate’s degree or higher with at least one year of Human Resources experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computation skills and the ability to problem solve;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience working in higher education, municipal or state agencies highly desirable;
- Experience with PeopleSoft applications;
- Experience with online recruitment system, preferably Cornerstone.
Salary Range: $22.00 - 25.00 Hourly Wage
Classification Type: Regular Employee
Application Deadline: June 17, 2021, or thereafter until filled.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.