The Admissions team at CU Boulder is hiring an Administrative Coordinator ! This position serves as the primary purchaser of all goods and services, acts as the lead travel liaison, manages recruitment event processes, provides administrative support to Counselors, the Director and the Executive Director, and assists with payroll and finance.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The primary purchaser performs the Requestor role in CU Marketplace, manages contracts, creates purchase orders and payment vouchers, processes payments for recruitment activities, college fair and conference registrations and professional memberships. The position also reconciles travel card expenses for all Admissions’ staff, coordinates all shipping, receiving and storing of marketing materials and promotional items as well as ensures that Counselors have everything they need while traveling.
As the lead travel liaison, this position trains Counselors on how to navigate, plan, book and reconcile trips and expenses in the Concur and Slate software systems and acts as the primary point of contact for all travel related issues.
This position provides administrative support to the Territory Management Team by adding and removing counselors and updating registration and evaluations in Slate, providing data clean up and uploading student data, updating the Find My Counselor tool, creating, maintaining and updating travel guides and manuals, and assisting in planning the yearly recruitment cycle.
As part of the College Fair process, the Administrative Coordinator monitors the email inbox, logs event invitations into Slate, forwards high school visit, community college and graduate event invitations to Counselors for their consideration, ensures events are appropriately responded to, monitors staff schedules, registers Counselors for events and pays the event fees.
This position serves as the assistant to the Director of Recruitment and will schedule meetings, take meeting notes, assist with projects, coordinate travel, and assist the Director in registering for conferences and maintaining professional memberships.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for other duties as assigned which include serving as the payroll and finance back up to the Executive Assistant, creating journal entry transactions in the Finance system and assisting with miscellaneous projects as needed.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $43,188.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Resourceful. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with Marketplace, Concur, Slate, Windows Office Suite.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the position was full-time or part-time.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 14, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder