Associate Director, Financial Aid
Job Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams-not just degrees. Our vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
Maryville University is in search of an Associate Director of Financial Aid. The Financial Aid Department is housed within the Division of Operational Excellence, which includes many operational areas, including Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Veterans Services, Registration, One-Stop Student Service, and Enrollment Services. At Maryville, we put students at the heart of everything we do and that’s no different for this role. This person must be a self-starter who is ready to share best practices, implement innovative solutions and ensure compliance guidelines are met. The ideal candidate will administer financial aid programs in a consistent and equitable manner to ensure that all who may benefit from further education at Maryville have the financial resources to do so in keeping with federal, state, and institutional regulations and guidelines governing each funding source. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
• Supervise Federal Work-Study & Loan Administration.
• Responsible for all aspects of Return of Title IV Funds, and review of student withdraws.
• Monitor changes to all factors affecting aid to ensure changes in housing, scheduling, registration, et al is reviewed and its impact executed.
• Process Financial Aid Transmittals, review refund report prior to disbursement.
• Regularly review and reconcile federal and state aid programs, direct loans, alternative loans.
• Accurately monitor withdrawals from the University and pro-rate aid in keeping with financial aid program requirements.
• Review and update financial aid based on professional judgment and dependency determination.
• Provide oversight of Gainful Employment reporting, Clearinghouse, and NSLDS requirements.
• Compile information and act as functional liaison for the annual audit for the Financial Aid department.
• Work with Sr. Director to maintain departmental and institutional Policy and Procedures related to all aspects of financial aid, including federal, state, and NCAA required P&P.
• Monitor and respond to various Financial Aid inquiries, including, but not limited to cases, chat, and emails.
• Provide effective financial aid, registration, payment counseling for prospective, current and former students in groups and individual forums.
• Represent Financial Aid by providing information to students, parents, and campus partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years of experience working within Financial Aid
• Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines governing the administration of internal and external financial aid programs
• Knowledge of the budgeting process and payroll operation as it intersects with student campus employment
• Familiarity with accounting principles
• Basic knowledge of the interrelationship among education information centers (i.e., Academic Records Office, Business Office, Admissions Office)
• Knowledge of Colleague UI Financial Aid, Admissions, Academic Information
• Knowledge of computers and computer software (Word and Excel)
• Familiarity with federal software (COD, NSLDS, SAIG, IFAP, FAFSA), state software (FAMOUS), ELM Resources (private loans)
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal including public speaking
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Prior supervisory experience
• Advanced reporting skills
• Familiarity or experience working with Ellucian Colleague
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: June 07, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur