Adjunct Faculty, Philosophy (Ethics), Midland, MI
Northwood University seeks a qualified individual with a proven
record of undergraduate-level teaching and strong interpersonal
skills to teach for the Midland, Michigan campus. The candidate can
ideally teach daytime classes, though evening or online classes may
Northwood University offers Bachelor of Business Administration
(BBA) and Bachelor of Science (BS) degrees and requires all
students to complete a course in ethics in their junior or senior
year. The need for adjunct faculty is based on student enrollment
and varies by semester.
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy known as the
“Northwood Idea.” Applicants should learn about Northwood
University’s unique philosophy, mission and outcomes at: https://www.northwood.edu/about
• Master’s or doctoral degree in philosophy from a
regionally-accredited institution; or a master's degree in a
closely-related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate credit
hours in philosophy.
• Experience teaching undergraduate courses in discipline or
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide and diverse range of
students and colleagues.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills in a variety
of delivery formats, especially the format of the class you may be
assigned to teach.
• Experience teaching both face-to-face and online undergraduate