Front Desk Representative
Front Desk Representative
The Front Desk Representative is responsible for greeting all guests, answering phone calls, assisting guests with questions regarding services and products, checking the guest into the computer system and charging for services performed. The Front Office staff is highly valued because they are the employees our guests see as they arrive and upon leaving. Embedding a positive first and lasting impression in the minds of all customers is crucial for future and return business.
This is a part-time position (maximum of 28 hours per week). Flexible work schedule to include days, nights and some weekends. The ideal candidate would be available to work year round.
- Be on time for your shift.
- Properly open and close the Front Desk each day according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurately book, change and cancel reservations in the Eviivo Software.
- Manage group block reservations.
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves the facilities.
- Concierge duties including providing information about campus and Midland area
- Assist guest with any requests or questions.
- Secretary- performing basic office tasks throughout the day
- Generate confirmation letters.
- Customer Service Representative- recognizing & adapting to guest needs
- Practice Safety and Security standards
- Using the “Schlage” key-making software to make electronic key cards
- Utilize computers with skill and proficiency.
- Post guest charges and compute guest bill using Eviivo, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following CardConnect or cash handling procedures as required by Northwood University Management
- Directing guests to hotel room and explaining basic front desk information concerning their stay.
- Create various hotel reports such as-Occupancy Reports, Housekeeping Report, Marquee Report
- Assist with the housekeeping guidelines and responsibilities for guest rooms and public areas.
- Provide reimbursement for vending machine malfunctions.
- Answer the phone promptly and professionally.
- Maintain professional and courteous behavior when addressing guests and handling any concerns.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean; safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the hotel that require attention.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of university staff, room locations, room rates, amenities, and selling strategies.
- Assist and perform in all areas of operation as requested by management.
- Dress professionally and appropriately for the work environment
- Act with respect and courtesy towards staff, fellow workers, and guests
- Arrive to work early or on-time in order to open the desk promptly at 8:30am
- Close the Front Desk at 11:00pm after locking all meeting rooms
- Make NADA management team aware of any issues that arise during the course of a day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess basic math and money handling skills.
- Proficient communication, listening and computer skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Be a customer-centered, service-minded, committed, flexible individual with an approach to providing an exceptional service to a varied customer base, therefore good oral functional written communication skills are essential.
- Requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift and the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Able to work all shifts and flexible schedules including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma and college credits preferred.
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy which emphasizes free enterprise in a context of limited government and individual responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a strong attraction to the mission and core values of Northwood University. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the University's outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus .