Director of Financial Aid
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: Serve as Director of Financial Aid, providing direction and leadership for Financial Aid staff, and manage Financial Aid Services with a special emphasis on compliance with federal regulations, South University policy and service to the students. Ensure all financial aid is paid timely. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Responsible for financial aid department's overall compliance with South University financial aid policies and procedures, understanding of Title IV and Non-Title IV fund sources to properly assist students with developing a funding plan for their education, team productivity, and providing excellent customer service to all prospective and current students.
- Maintains confidentiality of student financial information as required by Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), as well as all South University confidential and proprietary information policy.
- Monitor and track financial aid office and financial aid staff's progress with new student packaging, continuing student repackages, document collection, unpaid aid, financial packaging to get aid disbursed in a timely manner by ensuring that all new, re-entry and continuing student packaging is ready for approval.
- Hold weekly accountability meetings with financial aid staff for any unpaid or unprocessed student aid. Review and manage all weekly financial aid reporting and review with staff to allow us to provide the best customer service and processing experience for our students. Coordinate interoffice functions between Financial Aid and other departments (Admissions, Student Services, Education, Student Accounting, Academic Operations, etc.).
- Oversee Federal Work Study by working with Student Accounting to update job descriptions each year and work with Career Services and various departments to provide jobs for students on/off campus with the goals of meeting the 7% requirement for community service and literacy jobs off campus as outlined by the Department of Education.
- Work with Military Benefits Department and confirm the campus VA Certifying official has all of their students certified in the VA Once system within 30 days of the start of the quarter, also being diligent of all changes to enrollment are updated in the VA Once system within 30 days of the change of enrollment.
- Hire, train, manage and supervise Financial Aid Advisors to ensure each has no more than three level two or higher compliance remediation violations within the year.
- Participate in weekly financial aid calls, as well as all training calls, with the Regional Director of Financial Aid. Provide for self and staff professional and personal development.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
- Three to Five years of experience in federal financial aid, state financial aid, or auditing at the post-secondary level required.
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience is required.
- Knowledge of postsecondary education student information system (CampusVue experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge (word, excel, and PowerPoint)
- Fiscal and personnel management expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Bachelor's Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin