Nursing Professor, Full-Time Tenure Track
**Priority Review of Applications will take place on Monday, June 14, 2021.*
South Puget Sound Community
College (SPSCC) seeks candidates for the 2021-2022
academic year to fill a Nursing Professor - Full-Time Tenure Track
Review will be ongoing, but applicants are encouraged to submit materials as soon as possible.
The Nursing Professor position has a total salary of $71,518. This salary includes a base salary of $56,118 for 177 contract days, a stipend of $6,400 paid over the course of the academic year, and a summer stipend of $9,000 to compensate for duties performed during a six week summer term. The effective date of employment will be September 13, 2021.
South Puget Sound Community College is committed to increasing
its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion
among its professional staff. A firm understanding of antiracist
policy development coupled with the skills to eliminate barriers
that harm underrepresented people is a college requirement. The
students that we serve come from a variety of backgrounds. On
average, 43% of SPSCC students are people of color. We strongly
encourage members of the underrepresented groups, veterans, and bi-
or multi-lingual individuals to apply for this position to help
meet the needs of our diverse students and service district.
We also offer:
- Free Bus service every 15 minutes to downtown Olympia and beyond
- Gym and recreation facilities
- FREE parking on our campuses – permits are not required
- On-campus child care
- Lots of activities with our Artist & Lecture series, which are FREE for staff and faculty
- Many community events in the Kenneth J. Minnaert Center for the Arts
- The Clipper Café specializing in seasonal comfort foods
- The Bake Shop offering daily baked goods made by our students
- Fine dining in the Percival Room, offering vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free choices as part of our Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts programs
- Campus bookstore offering snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies
- Percival Creek running beneath our campus footbridge, providing year-round beauty and views of Chinook, Coho, and chum salmon runs
- Marked walking paths on nicely paved sidewalks
- A variety of wellness workshops and events
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that offer an opportunity for
SPSCC employees to gather and connect around issues that define
them personally, and which affect their work at the College and
their professional development. Current Employee Resource Groups
- Staff and Faculty of Color (SFOC) ERG - an employee network which strives to create an intentional and relational foundation for community and trust building across different groups through shared values.
What You'll Do
Successful candidates will possess the interest, skills and
abilities to help college teams lead the state in innovative and
collaborative learning experiences designed to optimize student
The Nursing Professor will:
Faculty members will work with other faculty, staff, and administrators to:
This position includes a stipend of $9,000 to compensate for duties performed during a six week summer term. This includes:
Qualifications You Possess
Applications must be completed online and include the following attachments:
Top candidates will be notified directly to interview for this position. Selection will be based on the applicant's knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties listed in this job posting as identified in the materials requested above. Applications with comments directing the reader to see attachments will be considered incomplete.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and are wishing to claim Veterans Preference should redact their personally identifiable information from a copy of their United States Department of Veterans Affairs honorable discharge documentation and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number for which they are applying in the subject line.
Background Check Condition of Employment
Employment with the college is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check. Any adverse information will be considered on a case-by-case basis and does not automatically preclude a candidate from employment.
This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by the South Puget Sound Federation of Teachers, AFT/AFL-CIO, Local 4603.
South Puget Sound Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
South Puget Sound Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). SPSCC provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, Samantha Dotson, Executive Human Resource Officer /Title IX Coordinator, 360-596-5361, email@example.com, Building 25, Room 220, 2011 Mottman Rd SW, Olympia, WA 98512; South Puget Sound Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment.
Applicants needing accommodation in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (360) 596-5500.