Certified Medical Assistant - Pediatric ID
Certified Medical Assistant
- Verified patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, pulse height, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality at all times. Notifies providers of pertinent patient information and follow-up.
- Assists assigned clinician with medical examinations and clinical procedures including GYN exams, pap smears, suture removal, dressing changes, etc.
- Performs Rapid HIV testing as needed, including pre and post-test counseling as required.
- Performs venipuncture and lab processing including completing requisitions and preparation for lab delivery. Perform basic laboratory tests (HIV Rapid tests, finger-stick glucose, hemoglobin, urine pregnancy test, rapid strep, u/a, GC/Chlamydia, etc.). Reviews all lab work before it is sent out to labs organizing and maintaining existing lab forms, scanning and data entry of lab results, etc.
- Administers non-controlled medication and injections, including vaccinations, as ordered.
- Provides patient information and instructions.
- Performs quality assurance tests on CLIA waived laboratory tests.
- Maintains and updates patient information in electronic medical record.
- Assists in organization of clinic exam rooms including cleaning and stocking supplies. Communicates inventory and equipment needs to be assigned staff.
- Assists in clinic management including keeping patient areas clean and safe and works with staff to provide effectively managed patient visit cycle time.
$15 to $17 per hour depending on education and experience.
Successful completion of the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam offered by an appropriate accredited institute. Appropriate institutes include the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), the American Medical Technologists (AMT), the National Health career Association (NHA), and the American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA).
- Prefer at least 1 year medical assistant experience.
- One year experience serving HIV/AID population.
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length of time for which the position is available.
Background Check is Required.
To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and 3 References.
University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link to watch the video.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge