Associate Dean, Career &Transfer Skills Development
Associate Dean, Career &Transfer Skills Development
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$83,000.00 – $132,800.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$39.90 per hour
150.00 per month
Dallas College is seeking a student-centered leader with a proven track record of leading teams to support high-impact career and transfer skill development. The Associate Dean of Career and Transfer Skills Development will be responsible for managing a team focused on improving students’ career and transfer development skills, providing oversight for the development of programming and services that support student resume development, interview coaching, job application assistance, transfer admission and scholarship assistance, and development of a variety of marketable skills that support successful transitions to careers or partnering four-year universities and colleges.
• Leads and manages the daily operations of a team of Career and Transfer Skills Development Specialists, who support students in providing programming, resources and services that develop student skills to successfully access, navigate, and compete for workplace learning, career, and transfer opportunities.
• Support the Dean of Pathway Success in developing and implementing a strategic plan that facilitates resume development, interview coaching, application assistance to four-year colleges, and development of marketable and transferable skills, such as negotiating salaries, networking, personal branding, and other skills that support successful career development and transfer.
• Collaborates with a broad career-connected network of internal and external partners to leverage resources and supports that eliminate barriers and promote effective career and transfer skill development for Dallas College students.
• Leverages technology to monitor and track initiatives focused on student career and transfer skill development.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
• Experience leading teams through change initiatives.
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise because of Dallas College’s current transformation.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the relational impact of Guided Pathways, career development and transfer skills.
• Demonstrate experience in successfully supporting students in creating career preparation plans and supporting resource materials and skills (resume creation and editing, interview coaching, networking, etc.).
• Be proficient in the use of quantitative and qualitative data to inform service delivery. improvement resulting in an improved student experience and student success outcomes.
• Demonstrate experience in coordinating goal-oriented strategic initiatives centering on increasing student career skill development and successful transfer, including career and/or transfer fairs.
• Demonstrate experience collaborating with academic partners to support students in developing industry specific job search materials and skills.
• Respond appropriately to issues in a dynamic rapidly changing educational/economic environment.
• Demonstrate experience leading, tracking and monitoring employee performance in a remote work environment.
• Demonstrate experience in team-building, rewarding team behavior that produces desired outcomes, and effectively addressing team behavior that conflicts with the mission, values and goals of the division and college.
• Demonstrate an understanding of emerging technologies and the effective application of service technologies to enhance student career and transfer skill development.
• Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices and professional learning strategies to create a sense of belonging and address historic and systemic inequities for student success.
• Highly collaborative leader with demonstrated experience in a comparably diverse and complex college with a proven track record of enhancing pathway supports and equitable student success.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of program evaluation and student outcome assessment.
• Possess an understanding of budget preparation and management.
• Demonstrate strong supervision, management, and employee development experience.
• Strong time management, organization, problem-solving, and communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and writing skills that effectively communicate complex ideas with clarity and precision.
• An ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administration, faculty, students, staff, and other constituent groups and partners, both within and outside a college or university with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Excellent interpersonal skills using collaboration, tact, patience, and courtesy
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree plus five (5) years’ experience in related field. Official transcripts required.
• Minimum two (2) years of professional development experience. Preference is within a higher education environment.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages and supervises the daily operations of a team of highly relational and skilled Career and Transfer Specialists that will operate across the seven campuses of Dallas College, to support students in developing skills that facilitate successful milestones completion towards a career and/or transfer.
• Responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality, career and transfer support services including resume development, interview coaching, personal brand development, and application to internships, jobs, transfer, and transfer scholarships.
• Collaborate regularly with a wide variety of team members from Academics, Workforce, and within Student Success, to coordinate and implement high-impact support strategies that promote student pathway persistence, experiential learning, transfer, and employment.
• Collaborate with other division Associate Deans to plan and implement processes that create a seamless student connection between the career and transfer expertise of the Career and Transfer Specialists, the continuous and holistic support of the Student Success Coaches, and the pathway-specific expertise of the Pathway Specialists.
• Participate in annual professional development to ensure current knowledge of effective career and transfer support strategies.
• Leverage emerging technology to create and maintain systemic efficiencies in the delivery and tracking of student communications, services, and experiences.
• Coordinate and implement equity-minded strategies aimed at ensuring career and transfer exploration and milestone success for historically marginalized and underserved student populations.
• Supports the Dean of Pathway Success in the assessment and evaluation of Career and Transfer Specialists activities for effectiveness and evidence of student achievement of desired student learning.
• Reinforces division priorities and goals and ensures Career and Transfer Skill Specialist accountability through intentional tracking and monitoring of desired unit goals and outcomes.
• Ensures focused team regulatory compliance with Dallas College, state, and federal requirements.
• Assumes overall responsibility for directing the activities of the personnel engaged in performing the functions of the assigned areas. Assesses needs; supervises and coordinates development, implementation and evaluation of programs and associated staff.
• Assists with developing, monitoring, and approving department budgets and expenditures.
• Prepares and presents reports, proposals, and recommendations for overall programs; keeps detailed records of assigned activities.
• Ensure implementation of high-quality customer service standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 07 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Career Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas