Student Design Intern
The design intern will work closely with the Director of Design, Branding & Communication within the division of Student Success & Enrollment management to design physical and digital materials for multiple departments across the division.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- F ollows university branding guidelines to develop engaging graphics for a wide variety of materials including, but not limited to: branded campaigns and initiatives, events, promotional materials, environmental signage, publication design, social media content.
- Assists with photo shoots and video productions
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications: - Must be currently enrolled student at FGCU at the time of hire and throughout the term of employment. - Major/Minor in digital media design, art, marketing or communications - 2.5 GPA or above - Must be proficient with the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop - Proficient on both the Mac and PC platforms - Must be highly motivated to learn new skills Preferred Qualifications: - Experience with videography, shooting and editing footage in Adobe Premier - Website mock-up basics - Developing and managing content for social media channels Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional camera and photography equipment (photo editing, processing photos, portrait photography). - Extensive knowledge of design principles with an emphasis on typography, layout, branding, composition, balance, etc.
- Knowledge of working with multiple forms of media, imagery, stock art, iconography
- Demonstrate an understanding of proper file management, preparation for print production and file types
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects
- Deadline oriented, able to manage multiple projects and submit final files with a quick turn around time
- Familiarity with social media (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, Tik Tok)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct and attend meetings for weekly production checks and connecting with clients
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff faculty, students and the community in a collaborative environment
- Customer service experience
- Ability to think critically and creatively under tight deadlines
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.