The Employment Specialist utilizes independent judgement to provide efficient and accurate oversight of comprehensive student and other OPS on-campus new hire processes. Collaborates with department hiring officials to create job requisitions and prepares hiring proposals. Closely monitors and follows up on high-volume onboarding. Interacts with university partners, prospective employees, and new hires to provide technical and administrative guidance.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Collaborates with University hiring managers to create job requisitions and job postings for student, adjunct, and other OPS temporary on-campus job opportunities.
• Initiates hire processes when candidates have been selected for hire.
• Monitors onboarding of all new hires including receipt of background check results and timely completion of electronic new hire paperwork. Communicates with hiring managers and new hires to keep all processes moving.
• Coordinates start dates with hiring manager and new hire. Develops and implements a process to provide reminders and confirmation of attendance of orientation.
• Provides guidance and assistance to hiring managers and candidates on human resources policies and procedures.
• Provides technical assistance and user support on the Workday Recruitment applicant tracking platform.
• Assists with the development and implementation of audit tools to ensure accurate and current data in the Workday Recruitment applicant tracking system.
• Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of student, adjunct, and other OPS temporary new hire processes. Continuously seeks opportunities and makes appropriate recommendations for process improvements.
• Assists with training and development on new hire processes as needed..
• Assists in representing the University at on-campus or off-campus career fairs and other networking events as needed.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Six years of relevant full-time administrative support experience.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience using Workday recruiting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
Knowledge of and ability to apply human resources principles, concepts, and practices.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with staff, faculty, and students in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions, and/or develop appropriate alternatives where applicable.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Applications must be submitted by June 20, 2021
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.