University Development Engagement Officer
University Code 15211 University Title Development Specialist 1 University Job Family Development ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title University Development Engagement Officer Position Number 592820 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Development Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Virginia Commonwealth University’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations ( DAR ) seeks highly motivated, self-starting individuals who are ready to launch a rewarding career in higher education fundraising in a new role as University Development Engagement Officers. We are looking to fill multiple positions. Successful candidates will embody such characteristics as a strong work ethic, highly-engaging communication skills, and possess a superior drive to engage anyone regarding the transformative educational and healthcare experiences at VCU .
University Development Engagement Officers are entry-level positions in DAR, with a commitment to provide mentoring, professional development training, and career coaching in order to help form this new team of high-performing fundraisers. Reporting to the Director of University Development, the University Development Engagement Officer will execute digital engagement strategies across the university’s constituencies in order to develop broader and deeper engagement with VCU that enhances the university’s fundraising efforts. Work will be conducted through digital engagement, telephone, and limited face-to-face visits. This entry-level position is designed to provide the officer with the skills, strategies, and habits to become a successful high performing fundraiser.
The University Development Engagement Officer will be an integral part of a fast-paced donor cycle through initial outreach and engagement that may generate new leads, annual gifts, and referrals to major gift officers while acting as university generalists. The University Development Engagement Officer will conduct personal outreach through a variety of both digital and other channels, while at the same time implementing innovative tactics in discovering new potential supporters.
General duties include:
• Successfully conduct a high number of meaningful interactions through multi-channel digital engagement strategies among a diverse group of VCU and VCU Health constituents.
• Become a university generalist capable of engaging on any topic across both campuses
• In conjunction with the Director of Development, set annual SMART goals and career planning/professional development objectives
• Ensure effective prospect transfers or major gift referrals to unit partners, when appropriate
• Create and sustain a system of collegiality and transparency with Lead Development Officers and partner foundations
• Work closely with an assigned mentor at VCU or VCU Health
As a team member, you will:
• Demonstrate appreciation for the mission and aspirations of VCU and VCU Health
• Display a strong commitment to organizational success and delivering on individual responsibilities as a university citizen
• Demonstrate a commitment to the pursuit of excellence, high achievement and ongoing professional development by proactively seeking opportunities to develop new capabilities, skills, and knowledge
• Establish, cultivate and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal partners
• Demonstrate a commitment to the highest quality service to internal and external communities
• Demonstrate an open-minded approach to understanding people from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, perspectives and experiences
• Reflect DAR’s and VCU’s core purpose and values
• Complete and maintain HIPAA training and compliance
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong collaboration, written, oral, and data-analysis skills
• Familiarity with technology, software, and digital tools to communicate and engage with others
• Interest in pursuing a career in front line fundraising work, preferably in healthcare or higher education
• Experience working in customer service, fundraising, or sales environments working directly with people for engagement
• Ability to work and navigate within a complex organization and diverse constituencies
• Ability to travel for occasional donor visits that may include overnight trips
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a university professional at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• 1-2 years of professional or internship experience in front line fundraising work, customer relations, or sales-related fields
• Willingness to learn, collaborate, and grow within a high performing fundraising team
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience up to $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information
VCU’s Office of Development and Alumni Relations strives to honor diversity in all forms through collaboration, respect and trust. We have committed to being champions of inclusivity. Learn more at https://www.support.vcu.edu/talent/.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Job Open Date 06/07/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Development Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106629 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelors degree?
- * Please share your working experience in business social media
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience with data management and analysis,
(Open Ended Question)
- * What does 'donor centered philanthropy' mean to you?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond