Classroom Technology Support Specialist
St. Catherine Universityand theIT Departmentinvite
applications for aClassroom Technology Support
Specialist.This is a full-time position.
Our Classroom Technology team is a part of the IT department and works closely with our Academic Technology and our IT Support teams. We get to play with all of the toys! People who enjoy working with electronics and technology and gadgets love this work! TheClassroom Technology Support Specialistinspects, maintains, and repairs audio and video technology equipment installed in all university learning spaces to ensure proper functionality. In addition, this employee will work with the Lead Engineer to install new technology as it is changed or updated. Responsibilities include:
- Assesses audio video technology equipment issues and implements
- Respectfully responds to faculty and student needs in solving
equipment operational issues in all learning spaces
- Resolves technical issues including but not limited to:
projection systems, video scalers and switchers, audio visual
control systems, installed and free standing sound systems, minor
PC and Mac computer issues, and camera systems.
- Assist in the training and education of faculty and other end
users of equipment and classroom technology.
- Supports the technical and mechanical operations, maintenance,
and instructional use of healthcare simulators, trainers,
healthcare devices/equipment, and audiovisual (A/V) support
- Provide documentation for end users in the form of Service Now
- When installing audio visual classroom equipment, ensures that
installations are made in accordance with industry standards, and
with university standards and policy.
- Assists with documentation of the equipment inventory.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Two years of experience installing or maintaining audio-visual
equipment, including independent decision making.
- Experience following guidelines for safe handling of equipment
and electrical devices.
- Experience doing minor repair of electronic
- Knowledge of connecting various types of audio visual equipment
both analog and digital.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Some college course work.
- Experience configuring Extron classroom control
- Proficient with web conferencing tools.
- One or more of the following certifications:CTS, Extron, Crestron, Kramer,AMX,QSC, Biamp, CompTIA
- Experience supporting nursing lab simulation rooms and equipment related to medical simulations in an education setting.
We seek creative, adaptable faculty and staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us email@example.com 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Rodney Fillmore firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is June 20, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *HRQ: What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *HRQ: For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *How many years of experience do you
have installing or maintaining audio-visual equipment?
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years or more
- *Do you have experience using power
tools and hand tools?
- *Do you have experience with
audiovisual equipment operation in an educational setting?
- *If you have any of the following
certifications, indicate which one(s): CTS, Extron, Crestron,
Kramer, AMX, QSC, Biamp, CompTIA A+.
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: Are you presently legally
authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to
consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United
- *HRQ: St. Catherine University
welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *HRQ: Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Contact Information
- Other Document 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul