Assistant Professor - Respiratory Care
TheRespiratory Care ProgramatSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications for a full time, tenure
track,Assistant Professorposition with a 12 month
Situated in theHenrietta Schmoll School of Health (HSSH), the Respiratory Care Program has been a leader in respiratory therapy education for more than 45 years. Our faculty work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice and plan to use their education and training to lead and influence positive change in their communities. This position is theDirector of Clinical Education (DCE)for the Respiratory Care Program and works in cooperation with the Program Director to establish clinical sites, select and evaluate those sites, and facilitate ongoing development of communication between clinical sites and clinical faculty.
- Prepare Respiratory Care students for graduation through
excellent clinical education.
- Serve as a liaison between the Respiratory Care program, the
clinical education sites and the community.
- Coordinate and teach the equivalent of eight courses (32
credits) of clinical education courses as well as general allied
health courses over a calendar year.
- Evaluate students’ performance, in cooperation with other
program faculty, to determine their ability to integrate didactic
and clinical learning experiences and to progress within the
- Select clinical learning environments that demonstrate
characteristics of sound patient/client management, ethical and
professional behavior, and that are current with respiratory care
- Evaluate each clinical education site through student feedback,
on-site visits, and ongoing communications with routine sharing of
information with academic and clinical faculties.
- Provide feedback to clinical educators concerning their
effectiveness in delivering clinical learning experiences based on
student feedback and through direct observations.
- Engage in service to the Respiratory Care Department, theHSSH, the University and the respiratory care profession by participation and leadership in standing or ad hoc committees.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Registered and licensed Respiratory Therapist with eligibility
for licensure in Minnesota
- Master’s degree in healthcare, education, or related field from
a regionally accredited institution of higher education. If a
candidate is currently enrolled in this Master’s degree program and
will finish within two years, this could also satisfy the education
- Four years of experience as a Registered Respiratory
- Two years of experience in clinical respiratory care
- Two years of experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist in Minnesota
- Member of theNBRC,AARC
- Experience and/or training in online teaching including both
online learning pedagogies andLMSmanagement.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Renee Portmann email@example.com.
Application deadline is July 3, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *HRQ: What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *HRQ: For any education beyond high
school, please list the degree or certification and the area of
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you currently registered and
licensed as a Respiratory Care Therapist in your home state, and,
are you eligible for licensure in Minnesota?
- *How many years of experience do you
have as a Registered Respiratory Therapist?
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years or more
- *Are you licensed as a Respiratory
Care Therapist in Minnesota?
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: Are you presently legally
authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to
consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United
- *HRQ: St. Catherine University
welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *HRQ: Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae