Academic Affairs Coordinator
Position Title Academic Affairs Coordinator Pay Grade Level G-16 FLSA Non-Exempt Benefits
Health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, health savings accounts, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems, TIAA 403(b), generous sick and vacation time, paid holidays, modified summer schedule, YMCA membership, Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
Department Academic Affairs Campus Location Escanaba Min Salary $19.36 Max Salary $22.78 FTE
Full-time/Part-time Full-Time Position Type Staff Job Summary/Basic Function
This position requires the individual to manage the processes for the Office of Academic Affairs in the following general areas of responsibility: accreditation, communications, scheduling and coordinating activities, record keeping, and all duties as assigned. This position also coordinates and supports administrative assistant duties for all divisions as necessary in collaboration with other academic administrative assistants.
- Associate’s degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of Office/Administrative Assistant Experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of Project Management
- Demonstrated experience of coordinating and implementing projects
- Proficient in MS Word, WP, Excel, Outlook
Excellent Word Processing, Data Entry and Database Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and the demonstrated ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional prioritization, organizational, and time management skills.
- Initiative, good judgement, a high degree of responsibility, with the ability to handle information of a confidential nature
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in office management
- Experience working with accreditation processes
- Experience working with continuous quality improvement processes
- Knowledge of and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP ) systems
Supervises Student Workers and/or Work Study employee(s).
Works under the general supervision of the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Coordinate HLC accreditation activity in collaboration with the VP of Academics.
- Serve as the HLC liaison for the college.
- Coordinate fall and winter in-service activities including planning meetings, creating the agenda and press release, printing handouts, reserving space and equipment and ordering catering.
- Serve as primary advisor to other academic administrative assistants with regard to labor relations, contract interpretations, etc.
- Coordinate and maintain Records Retention Schedule for Academic Affairs.
- Manage content on all Academic Affairs website pages and myBay, coordinate with faculty, and update as needed.
- Coordinate Academic Affairs commencement activity, including annual development of the script, ordering attire, and coordination of commencement day activity for faculty and academic affairs staff.
- Coordinate annual awards dinner for academic affairs, including annual development of the script, verifying all the honorees, and communicating with students, faculty and staff awardees, creating press releases and collaborating with Advancement in preparing the program.
- Manage the curriculum process including collecting curriculum, preparing meeting agendas, scheduling meetings, recording meeting minutes, following up on action items and preparing the final report for the Board of Trustees.
- Analyze reports for academic deans and Vice President of Academic Affairs including low enrollment/capacity reports, student registration reports, budget/load reports, scheduling reports, etc.
- Coordinate the PERT process, including developing the annual PERT schedule and filing the PERTS, Program Improvement Plans and Advisory Board Meeting minutes as the Office of Record.
Develop, maintain, and coordinate processes within Academic Affairs to ensure consistency across divisions.
- Own process and coordinate activity for academic affairs workflow within Curriculog system.
- Develop and maintain timelines for each semester’s staff assignments and coordinate activities between the academic office and registrar’s office. Create and distribute the staff offerings list and online form. Manage the online form deployment and collection. Communicates final staff assignments to the part-time faculty.
- Coordinate faculty sick time reporting across academic affairs
- Coordinate and compile the monthly Academic Affairs Report to the Board of Trustees.
- Report any faculty eligible for tenure to deans and set deadlines for when their decision is due to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Report the Vice President’s decision to the Executive Assistant to the President via memo to the President.
- Calculate and adjust faculty teaching loads in the section master as appropriate. Report overloads, insufficient loads, and low enrollments to the deans.
- Coordinate the deployment of the student evaluation forms and collect and store the results.
- Coordinate instructional agreement process and oversee administrative assistants in the review and distribution of instructional agreements for faculty.
- Determine eligible part-time faculty for senior membership status by pulling reports and analyzing data, communicate and follow-up as appropriate.
- Work with the Business Office as needed to resolve any budget or invoice issues.
- Manage the academic onboarding process for adjunct faculty and coordinate activity with the Deans and Administrative Assistants.
- Processes Direct Credit (non-employee) instructors and inputting their information into EX. Coordinates with IT to set up email and myBay settings. Communicates with non-employee instructor on how to navigate Bay College email and myBay.
- Add new part-time and full-time faculty to the faculty master.
- Assist Academic Deans and coordinate with administrative assistants in book assignments, registration of internships/directed studies/independent studies, faculty leave time, onboarding, etc.
Manage activity associated with Academic Affairs awards process.
- Coordinate Outstanding Educator Award process. Create the list of eligible faculty, press releases, nomination forms, PR/Marketing. Compile ratings and rubric in preparation of the selection committee meeting. Schedule and facilitate the selections committee meeting.
- Coordinate All- USA Academic Team Competition and the All-Michigan Academic Team. Create the application, web form, press releases and pr/marketing. Review student transcripts and applications for eligibility. Coordinate eligibility and ranking process and communications with student applicants.
- Coordinate activities associated with the Presidential Honor Award by creating the application, web form, press releases and pr/marketing. Coordinate eligibility, ranking process, and communications.
- Prepare agenda items and materials and record meeting minutes for the ILT . Send follow up correspondence on action items.
- Coordinate activities associated with the selection of the Division Chairs including communication between academic offices, Vice President’s office, payroll and HR. Input the appropriate coding for each Division Chair and update the college website where appropriate.
- Support the fall and winter Student Art Shows at both campuses by preparing relevant communications and payments to award winners.
- Coordinate payment and communication of Poster Symposium and Serendipity each winter.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Support the President in the absence of the Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Hire, schedule, and supervise student employee(s)
Any other duties as assigned
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, Human Resources Specialist
Contact Phone/Extension 906-217-4016 Contact Email email@example.com Contact Fax 906-217-1625
Posting Number S017P Posting Date Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Target application deadline date is June 04, 2021.
Quick Link for Internal Postings https://careers.baycollege.edu/postings/654 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of an Associate's degree?
- * How proficient would you rank your technology skills with
various computer software applications and database management?
- Not proficient
- Somewhat proficient
- Very proficient
- * How many years of experience do you have working in an office
- More than 10
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba