Executive Director of Support Programs
The Executive Director of Support Programs serves as an administrative leader to the Vice
President of Access, Diversity, and Inclusion. This individual will assist in increasing the
access, retention, and success of vulnerable student populations, focusing on their
engagement in academic initiatives and co-curricular activities that facilitate student success.
The Executive Director will provide direct leadership and oversight to the TRiO Support
Program, Promise Program, and THRIVE Program ensuring that students are empowered
and prepared to reach their full social, professional and academic pursuits.
Salary Grade : 17
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works collaboratively with the Office of Student Success and Division of Student
Affairs to develop and implement innovative approaches to enhance student learning,
close achievement gaps, and provide a student-centered learning environment.
2. Create, assess, update, and implement a retention and student success plan for
TRiO, PROMISE, and THRIVE.
3. Expand institutional initiatives to support all first-generation college students and Pell
4. Evaluate and infuse appropriate technologies and practices for improved
communication with students.
5. Facilitates the development of activities, initiatives and programs designed to
encourage underrepresented student populations to overcome barriers to
6. Develop appropriate relationships with key community entities and stakeholders to
aid in student success.
7. Develop specific strategies for identifying student challenges and providing intrusive
interventions to deal with those challenges.
8. Assist students on a day-to-day basis in solving problems and making referrals when
necessary to meet their needs.
9. Report on activities and outcomes; assist with report-writing, assessment, and data
10. Manage the department budget, including developing budget proposals, justifying
expenses, and monitoring accounts.
11. Serve on appropriate university committees to represent the interests of vulnerable
12. Serve on university committees and work collaboratively in key areas to support
persistence and graduation initiatives.
13. Other related duties as required or assigned.
Master's degree: Related field
5 years Directly related to the duties and responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Understanding of how social identities impact the experience of college students
2. Awareness of various models for identity-based resource centers
3. Ability to analyze data to create and improve initiatives.
4. Prioritizes tasks and delegates effectively
5. Ability to lead high-impact initiatives from conception to implementation
6. Knowledge of the educational and support needs of vulnerable students
7. Demonstrated ability to manage/coordinate multiple tasks
8. Independent, self-starter with strong work ethic
9. Excellent verbal and written skills
10. Excellent presentation skills
11. Ability to oversee and direct staff
12. Demonstrated strong commitment to the mission and vision for diversity, inclusion
equity and access
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
1.No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and nearly all
work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
2.Frequent- External imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions
influence priorities; difficulty to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a
few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position;
involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotion issues or stress on a
3.Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with
4.Ability to occasionally work weekends and long hours.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Submit application, resume, and cover letter through PageUp system.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Disabled Student Services Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Other Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University