Construction Project Manager - (STA007514)
Manages, coordinates and administers construction projects with a specific timeframe and funding amount in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Manages new construction and renovation projects from concept to completion and assures the needs and priorities of the University are fully understood and integrated by all parties.
- Oversees the activities of outside consultants to ensure compliance with established University standards and requirements/guidelines and contract requirements.
- Assists with preparing project budgets and facilitating the processing of contractor and consultant proposals. Assist senior project management personnel and planning, as assigned, with procurement, bidding, negotiating, construction and closeout as required to support the planning and construction phases of projects.
- Maintains and monitors project expenditures and schedules to ensure that the project stays within the approved budget and prescribed timeline.
- Coordinates project activities; assigns tasks and provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the construction project.
- Manages assigned construction projects to ensure project aspects of scope, budget, schedule, and contract compliance are carried out in accordance with specified objectives; ensures the work of contractors and consultants abides by University standards and contractual requirements.
- Administers policies and procedures regarding construction project administration and assures adherence by all project contractors and consultants to such policies and procedures; prepares project reports and schedules as required and assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architecture, Construction
Management, or similar technical degree program is a plus.
- Solid and strong background in Planning & Construction
- PMP or Construction Management Certifications a plus.
- Experience managing teams of others in Project
- Construction design experience a plus.
- Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Addendum: Expected to be on call as needed.
Note: Please submit three (3) professional references with your application submission.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.