Assistant to the Dean - (STA007515)
Provides professional staff support to the Dean of the college in matters affecting all academic areas. Advises on academic, organizational and institutional matters. Interfaces with senior staff to address concerns and brings projects to completion. Analyzes and assists in the development of strategies to meet university and college goals.,,
- Conducts strategic analysis to be used in the planning of college endeavors, both internal and external to the university. Works with leadership of the college to ensure objectives are met.
- Provides evaluation, input, and guidance to the Dean on short-term and long-range planning activities. Coordinates the activities of the Dean and facilitates proper time management of his activities.
- Participates in academic policy development, including drafting policies and reviewing policies prepared by others.
- Coordinates academic processes, i.e. promotion and tenure, faculty hiring, faculty evaluations.
- Coordinates the preparation of various college reports.
- Assists the Dean and senior staff with ad hoc problem solving.
- Represents the Dean on committees and other cooperative projects.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.