Assistant Coach, Football
Assistant Coach, Football
Posting Number: R0003054
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Assists with every facet of the program including coaching, film breakdown and year-round recruiting.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Instruct, teach and coach student athletes during practices and competition.
- Conduct video analysis of games and practice that will be used for teaching and preparation.
- Direct practice and game preparation for a specific position.
- Prepare scouting reports for a specific position for game preparation.
- Work with staff members on game plan.
- Responsible for game day communication for position group to the other members of the coaching staff.
- Identify and recruit potential team members all year.
- Retain current team members all year.
- Recruitment travel is required.
- Responsible use of Social Media as a recruitment tool.
- Coordinate other assigned administrative tasks such as video, team travel, equipment, fund raising as assigned by head coach.
- Assist with the operation of the athletics department on an as needed basis for tasks such as game management.
- Coordinate all academic support services for football student-athletes, including monthly meetings, grade checks, and game plan.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position (OR) Degree and Experience.
- A demonstrated commitment to inclusion, equity, and social justice with experience providing support and advocacy for historically marginalized groups.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Hudl and Frontrush or ARMS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly as they apply to student safety and hazing.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate instructions pertaining to athletic matters in both a classroom and an athletic coaching setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA Div. III and Conference rules as they apply to the activities and programs within the incumbent's designated sport.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain working relationships with other staff, faculty, and students.
- Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of Oregon and a driving record insurable by the University's insurer.
- Playing experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
Typical Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 3 - 8 pm is typical with extended hours August - November. Weekend work is common.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions including, but not limited to, regular standing, sitting, and being mobile; frequent walking, running, and reaching; occasional throwing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying weights up to 50 lbs.; continual talking and hearing both in person and on the telephone; frequent keyboarding; regular seeing; and all other activities required to perform essential functions.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Assistant-Coach--Football_R0003054
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.