Senior Coordinator, Program Management
The Post- Baccalaureate Certificate of Completion in Biomedical Sciences and Health Equity is seeking a bright, energetic, and organized program administrator who can support the Program Director and students in the program. The Biomedical Sciences and Health Equity program is one-year in length, and aims to develop and enrich the academic knowledge base and skills of students seeking to enter medical and health professions school after completing this certificate program. The curriculum and associated enrichment activities are designed to enhance the academic preparedness of individuals from STEM backgrounds by providing them with the necessary tools and knowledge to be competitive applicants for admission into medical school or health care professional degree programs.
The Program Administrator of the Post- Baccalaureate Certificate of Completion in Biomedical Sciences and Health Equity is supervised by the Program Director. The program administrator coordinates the program with the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS).
Coordination with the GSBS implies that the program administrator represents the program and the students by:
- Assisting with student recruitment activities, including reviewing and assembly of application files, organizing interview arrangements for candidates and coordinating interviews with program faculty. Other recruitment activities may include updating recruitment brochure, organizing travel and processing reimbursements, attending graduate fairs and recruitment conferences, advertising online, supporting virtual fairs.
- Organizing orientation activities for new students.
- Overseeing courses, collecting and reporting grades each term, monitoring registration for courses, and gathering all paperwork regarding students’ progress to the certificate.
- Assisting the program director in advising students and faculty on the policies of the GSBS and the Certificate of Completion Program.
- Assisting the program director with transmission of information from the GSBS office to the students and faculty, and vice versa.
- Coordinating program courses with faculty and GSBS.
- Assisting with Blackboard requests.
- Track student progress, and assist students with scheduling academic advisement meetings and various other requests about academic matters, student services, academic supports, and other requests.
- Coordinating program events, including seminars, workshops, meetings program, and courses.
- Overseeing and maintaining program website.
- Monitoring program budget and progress reports.
- Assessment activities – annual and periodic.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or business, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of directly related work experience in an academic setting with a Bachelor's degree or 5 years of directly related work experience without a Bachelor's degree.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston