Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitleProducer-Director-Videographer (S05208)
Job Description SummaryProducer-Director-Videographer, MCTV - Montgomery College TV
OUR PRODUCER-DIRECTOR-VIDEOGRAPHER IS…
A director of photography and creative storyteller who is able to conceive, shoot, edit and stylize high-quality professional content for Montgomery College’s media distribution platforms. This person is a leader who is able to manage complex projects, lead teams or work individually, always perform at the highest level, and interact with stakeholders at all levels.
The work schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, but may include evenings or weekend based on occasional production needs. This is a bargaining, non-exempt, grade 27 position. Non-exempt positions are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
YOU ARE …
A leader, self-starter, coordinator, communicator, and engaging storyteller.
An expert in:
- Taking the lead role in single and multi-camera content recordings.
- Using a variety of tools ranging from high-end cinema cameras and ENG cameras to action cameras and mobile devices to create a connection to your audience.
- Lighting, both in-studio and on location.
- Editing video and creating appropriate graphics and animation using Adobe Creative Cloud (or equivalent).
- Collaborating with stakeholders at all levels to effectively reach project goals.
- Finding solutions to complex production needs.
- Working within brand guidelines and standards.
- Producing quality work on a tight deadline.
Able to take the lead on (and collaborate on) a wide range of projects, including:
- Short form content for marketing on television and social media.
- Presidential and other high-level messaging.
- Creative content to showcase the College’s students, programs and partnerships.
- On-Site and Remote live event coverage. In Single camera environment as well as a multicamera environment with a broadcast truck, or utilizing remote streaming technologies for a variety of projects including; collegewide meetings, lectures, performing arts and sporting events.
- Occasional local news coverage.
- Training student interns.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field with concentration in videography, photo-journalism, video production, television, film, communications and/or any combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Five years of professional experience in television, educational or corporate video producing, editing, directing (live and live-to-device) and high-end videography in the studio or the field.
- Ability to adjust strategy for best exposure, color replication and aesthetic results.
- Ability to use industry-standard non-linear edit system hardware and software to develop effective video, audio, and graphic needs; and create deliverables in requested formats
- Ability to script for story structure and narration to create compelling long or short form content
- Ability to adhere to broadcast, web, social media and MCTV standards; maintain safety for personnel and equipment.
- Excellent leadership, organization, presentation and customer service skills as well as the ability to instruct, train, guide and motivate others.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain customer relationships, build credibility and trust, and communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task.
- A valid driver’s license and evidence of good driving record
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Five or more years of expert level videography experience, including experience with cinema cameras and DSLR/mirrorless camera videography.
- Five years of professional experience editing intermediate to advance level multi-layer videos using an industry standard non-linear platform.
- Three years of professional experience utilizing broadcast-quality still and motion graphics, 2D and 3D animations and other graphic design elements.
- High degree of proficiency using Microsoft Office 365, file sharing platforms, social media management tools
- Knowledge of project management systems
Salary Range: $28.58 to $37.15 hourly. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
Montgomery College is a welcoming community college committed to our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion; academic rigor and excellence; and to developing the talented workforce for a thriving Montgomery County. Resolute in our commitment to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Montgomery College will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Montgomery College Television (MCTV) is the award-winning digital media content production department of Montgomery College, with a full-time staff of nine producer/directors, an engineering/operations department, and social media staff. MCTV operates a full-size, state-of-the-art control room and studio on the Rockville Campus, and utilizes a fully equipped broadcast truck and flypacks for remote productions. MCTV also provides professional mentoring and training for a staff of student interns.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Click Here to apply online
- Attach a cover letter and resume to your application.
- Please include a link to an online video reel.
- Video Reel requirements:
- Identify your role(s) for each piece
- Include at least one example of completed piece that you shot and edited with graphics
- Consider including examples of your storytelling, social media posts and creative videography
- Under 10 minutes in length
- Online applications must be received by June 18, 2021.
Closing DateFriday, June 18, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.