Associate Dean, Student Services (Student Development)
ASSOCIATE DEAN – STUDENT SERVICES (STUDENT DEVELOPMENT)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The Student Services Department provides a broad range of services to assist students in achieving their academic and life goals. The Student Services Department assists students in selecting an academic pathway that aligns with their career goals, provides ongoing support through completion and graduation, offers career and transfer assistance, supports student clubs, groups, and organizations, and provides support for veterans and students with disabilities.
This position will oversee Veteran Services, Disabilities Access Center, Testing, TRiO Educational Opportunity Center (TRIO EOC), Student Conduct, Title IX, Student Activities, Student Government Association (SGA) and Clubs, Groups & Organizations.
Primary Objective:Under the general direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Associate Dean of Student Services administers and provides leadership to student services operations for the college, (e.g. retention, completion, student leadership and engagement).
- Interviews, recommends for hire, supervises, evaluates performance and provides professional development for staff in the Student Services Division.
- Oversees and manages the following areas: Veteran Services, Disabilities Access Center, Testing, TRiO Educational Opportunity Center (TRIO EOC), Student Conduct, Title IX, Student Activities, Student Government Association (SGA) and Clubs, Groups & Organizations, and other areas at the discretion of the Dean of Student Services and the College President. Ensures that all policies and procedures are documented and communicated to affected parties.
- Serves as the College’s Title IX Coordinator to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations related to student services.
- Serves as the College’s Conduct Officer and Student Disciplinary Hearing Committee Chair for all student disciplinary issues.
- Provides oversight to any grants funding student services. Ensures that grants are expended properly and that required reporting is done on a timely basis.
- Collaboratively participates in the registration process to ensure service excellence, especially at peak registration periods.
- Serves as a liaison between Academic Affairs and Student Services to ensure co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are planned and implemented to increase student engagement.
- Directs student service-related retention efforts for the college. Collaborates with managers responsible for instructional retention efforts to ensure consistency. Participates in divisional, institutional, state, regional and national committees to develop and advance institutional retention efforts. Serve as campus liaison to CCC district–wide retention initiatives, articulating and implementing districtwide and campus specific mission, vision, values and strategic goals for student development and retention. Work on district-wide policies and committees related to improving the student experience.
- Pays attention to detail in all aspects of each assignment to ensure accuracy of information and reports.
- Manages and resolves complex student conflict, builds collaborative relationships with other institutional departments to develop a student-centered support process, up to and including discipline when necessary. Focuses institutional efforts to create a student-centered approach to all areas of student services.
- Serves as a lead Student Services administrator in the absence of the Dean of Student Services.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required?
- Minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience in multiple areas of student services (e.g. Disability Access Center, Testing, Veteran Services, Title IX, Student Conduct, grants management, and evaluation of student activities, programs and services).
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience in evaluating effectiveness of functional areas related to student services.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
- Experience in a union setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create support systems that fosters student success and development.
- Demonstrated experience in handling student relation issues.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing student confidentiality and other student related issues.
WE OFFER : Excellent health benefits at a low cost; Investment plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS Retirement Plan; Generous vacation, holidays, personal and sick days; Tuition Reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits please visit our benefits page.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected as a Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Deans Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago