Instructor of Business Communication
The Professional Effectiveness Division at the Leeds School of Business encourages applications for a full-time instructor in the field of business communication for Fall 2021 through Spring 2024. The 3-year contract is renewable. Leeds School of Business is committed to helping students achieve success in their professional fields.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
At the University of Colorado’s Leeds School of Business, we are transforming the future of global business by inspiring and educating the next generation of business leaders. Located in Boulder, Colorado, one of the most innovative tech and startup hubs in the nation, Leeds’ students and faculty are surrounded by and connected to an enterprising, collaborative and dynamic business community. Our faculty of top international academic leaders provide students with educational expertise in areas including accounting, finance, marketing, management and entrepreneurship, and real estate.
The students, faculty, alumni, supporters and partners that comprise the Leeds community have helped create and maintain an intellectually engaging learning environment defined by ambitious and rigorous academic standards. Our educational culture stimulates learning and sharpens critical thinking skills, compelling students to consider and addresses important, complex questions. At Leeds School of Business, we believe in making positive impacts. By redefining business education, driving innovation and advancing entrepreneurial mindsets, we are working every day to positively transform the future of global business.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Your role as an instructor will be to:
- Teach seven Business Communication courses per academic year focusing primarily on oral communication, leadership effectiveness, and teamwork; co-teach communication and teamwork content of interdisciplinary business course.
- Provide service to the Professional Effectiveness Division, the Leeds School, and the University of Colorado campus
- Work with faculty and staff to improve course curriculum.
- Continue partnership with corporate sponsors to maintain integrity of course assignments.
- Attend monthly faculty meetings.
- Support campus-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives.
What We Can Offer
Salary range: $67,000 - $73,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Courageous. Be Flexible. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Master’s degree, ABD, or PhD in Communication, or a related field
- 3-5 years of teaching experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
The ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse populations, teaching business communication, teaching oral communication, and preparing students for internships and jobs in their related fields. Work experience in the communications field and/or business is a plus.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Evidence of Teaching Excellence (e.g., video, syllabi, evaluations, assignments)
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for one academic reference and we will request a letter of recommendation and additional materials if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin June 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder