Director, Industry Relations
The University of Colorado Boulder's Industry and Foundation Relations Team encourages applications for a Director, Industry Relations. Reporting to the Managing Senior Director of Industry Relations, this position is part of a robust team that serves as the front door for industry relations on campus. The Director, Industry Relations manages a portfolio of partners, including prospects that are capable of providing investments at major and principal gift levels that help further the mission and goals of the university.
The Industry & Foundation Relations (IFR) team is organized around campus strength areas or themes. Some of these themes include: Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Energy, Environment, & Sustainability, and Aerospace & Defense. The Director, Industry Relations will provide leadership within the university community and act as the strategic partner who is responsible for developing, managing, and sustaining the university’s relationship with key external industry partners who fit within a theme.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the nation’s leading research universities, with world-class facilities, personnel and capabilities. CU Boulder’s Industry & Foundation Relations (IFR) team is dedicated to building collaborative, mutually beneficial relationships with industry partners and foundations. The streamlined IFR team is part of the university’s effort to deliver “a partner-centric" strategy and an on- campus support team that aligns financial investment in the research, discovery and creativity of Boulder’s faculty and students with satisfied corporate and foundation partners.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Serves as the front door for industry within a particular theme area to engage with the university.
- Through external engagement, develops and maintains relationships with industry partners providing the holistic view of campus priorities to further the campus’ goal of world-class research and impact.
- Manages a portfolio consisting of 50-75 industry prospects, with a target of 50 managed closely.
- Develops strategies for each industry partner in portfolio and coordinates with Managing Senior Director of industry relations to maintain pipeline projections.
- At a Director level, it is expected that a majority of activity with industry will focus on major gifts and grants ($100k+), with a goal of growing industry relationships to a principal level ($3M+).
- Ensures prospect strategies and agreements are detailed, contact reports are filed, and stewardship plans are carried out.
- Develops letters of intent, white papers, proposals, and other documents to grow relationships with prospects.
- Travel (once COVID restrictions are eased) on own and in partnership with colleagues, faculty, and university leadership will be a part of the role.
- Develops trust, operating as campus leader for developing and implementing campus industry strategy in theme area.
- Understands how industry operates and how to align it with the higher education environment, working at a sophisticated level to identify and partner with faculty, unit leaders, and administration.
- Understands the roles and responsibilities of our campus internal partners and coordinates with various internal entities to facilitate holistic relationships with industry partners. University partners include the Research and Innovation Office (RIO), academic units, Institutes, Centers, Office of Contracts and Grants, Government and Community Relations, Buffalo Sports Properties, Career Services, the CU Foundation, and others.
- Represents IFR at internal and external campus events in specific theme area to cultivate industry partners.
- Demonstrate a strong dedication to and experience in diversity,
equity and inclusion.
What You Should Know
Schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm with occasional evenings or weekend hours. Travel is expected.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $85,000-$95,000.
Relocation is available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Dynamic. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of project management and fundraising experience, or experience in a related area involving grant/contract writing, business development, marketing or communications required.
What You Will Need
- Expert ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with faculty and staff, as well as external industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit financial investment from industry partners and/or individuals at major and principal gift levels.
- Solid ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; must have ability to work independently and collaboratively, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to understand industry interests and translate those interests into fundable projects for the university.
- Expert ability to analyze information/situations and solve problems. Experience in strategy planning and aligning tactical initiatives to meet larger objectives.
- Expert ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of current issues facing public universities and interests of assigned theme area, students, faculty, and alumni.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Graduate work in related field.
- Demonstrated results in business development or fundraising roles with quantifiable outcomes.
- Experience in higher education, particularly at an R-1 university.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position. Please specifically discuss your experience in raising revenue for an organization you worked with and what role you played in the process.
Please apply by June 21, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder