VMA Program Coordinator
The Office of Veteran and Military Affairs, (VMA) Program Coordinator position reports to the VMA Assistant Director. This position is responsible for assisting the VMA full-time staff and serves as a University Certifying Official. The VMA Program Coordinator must maintain a detailed and current working understanding of the Veterans Administration, State of Colorado, and University rules, regulations, and procedures to ensure the accurate release of information and program compliance. Additionally, this position will perform life-cycle support on the VMA Bundle 30 Enrollment Certification Manager workflow system. This position provides excellent, efficient, and timely customer service to student veterans and veteran-dependent students.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The CU Boulder Veteran and Military Affairs (VMA) can assist with pay, programs, policy, information and support for prospective and current student veterans and veteran dependents. VMA understands that veterans and military members living, working and receiving their education at CU Boulder are a valued and vital component of our campus community. We recognize and honor their sacrifices and value their life experiences as they broaden the diversity of our staff, faculty and student body. We also recognize their special circumstances and the need for our campus to assist them in making the successful transition into our campus environment.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Fiscal Responsibility and Quality Improvement
- Utilize resources provided by the Department of Education, Department of Defense, and Department of Veterans Affairs. Assists the VMA Assistant Director in ensuring adherence to the Department of Veterans Affairs and Colorado State Approval Agency regulations concerning the support of students who receive VA educational benefits.
- Assist in the verification and submission of enrollment data to the VA for tuition and fee payments to CU Boulder.
- Provide assistance as directed by the VMA Assistant Director in the monitoring of student academic success progress, reporting retention and graduation rates and assistance during VA financial audits which will include ensuring that the CU Boulder academic course catalog is in full compliance with VA regulations.
- Interact with new students, prospective students, and parents both in the office and via phone and email inquiries to VMA.
- Perform life cycle support on the VMA Bundle 30 Enrollment Certification Manager workflow system. Life cycle support shall include updates to maintain compatibility with the VA administrative and IT requirements.
- Assist the VMA Assistant Director in maintaining accurate data.
- Learn Web Express, and the university Content Management System to assist the VMA Educational Benefits Manager with maintenance and updates on the VMA website.
- Work with the VMA Academic Program Manager to establish and maintain processes for accurately identifying and reporting students under academic probation or suspension according to VA regulations.
- Create and maintain an early warning system to identify and contact student veterans and veteran dependents who might be struggling academically, with the Academic Integration Program Manager.
- Collaborate with other CU Boulder Offices to support current and prospective students. Coordinate with all colleges and schools at CU Boulder to support these students.
- Participate in training seminars, conferences, committee meetings, and other meetings for professional development.
- Continually learn new laws and program guidelines.
What We Can Offer
Salary range is $41,000 - $45,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year institution of higher education or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
What You Will Need
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of CU-SIS, VA ONCE, and COGNOS.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by 6/20/2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder