Academic Scheduling Coordinator (15548)
The Academic Scheduling Coordinator supports the Academic Scheduling team within the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) in the development, maintenance, and publication of the university's Schedule of Classes and related systems in accordance with university academic regulations and policies and with high standards of accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism. The coordinator works closely within the OUR and with the academic units and additional campus stakeholders, to provide operational support, guidance, and training in the development of the academic schedule of classes and assignment of instructional space for classes, final exams, and course-related events for all credit and non-credit Main Campus programs. The coordinator is responsible for following best practices for scheduling, curriculum, and registration. The coordinator is heavily reliant on technological solutions to perform their duties under the supervision of the Director of Academic Scheduling. This position reports directly to the Director of Academic Scheduling and is a member of the Academic Scheduling team, consisting of two other Academic Scheduling Coordinators.
- The coordinator uses Lotus Notes, SharePoint, EMS/CPI, and Ellucian Colleague to process requests to create, modify, and cancel sections for all main campus programs as submitted by the academic units. The coordinator liaises within the OUR and with the University Budget Office, Office of Student Accounts, Office of Information Technology and other campus stakeholders related to section setup, audits, transactions, requests for information, reporting and/or registration-related matters affected by the section setup. The coordinator generates and reviews audit reports in EMS/CPI, Informer, MicroStrategy, and Excel on all sections to ensure data quality. The coordinator verifies compliance and adherence to academic regulations such as calculating contact hours and ensuring consistent and accurate data entry to support registration functionality and curriculum setup of classes.
- The coordinator assigns and reviews instructional spaces for all academic classes. The coordinator assigns and reviews course-related events and final exams following best classroom scheduling practices and space utilization policies. The coordinator prepares, assigns instructional space, and publishes the final exam schedule in EMS and on the web. The coordinator generates and prepares utilization reports in 25Live and other space audit reports as needed using BI reporting applications used in the OUR.
- In support of the OUR and academic units, the coordinator provides training and technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding systems used within the OUR for Academic Scheduling and instructional space assignment. The coordinator assists the Assistant Registrar for Scheduling in the development of documentation for training of internal OUR staff and other academic scheduling stakeholders regarding Academic Schedule Development.
- Participates in the development, validation, and user acceptance testing (UAT) of applications used for academic schedule development and instructional space assignments.
- Represents the OUR in meetings within the AU community. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Registrar, Associate Registrar, or University Registrar.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Coordinator/Analyst B
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and proficiency with personal computers and relevant software applications; experience with Ellucian Colleague, EMS, Series25, Informer and MicroStrategy systems preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint
- Working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations affecting academic institutions including FERPA, ADA, HEA, etc
- Ability to audit and report on course section and instructional space data, trouble-shooting and resolving errors between classroom scheduling applications and the university’s Student Information System (SIS) and other university applications
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail processing a high volume of data
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and collaboratively in a diverse and fast moving office environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a fast learner and a fast starter in a continuously evolving technological environment
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service to a diverse customer base
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.