Integrated One-Stop Services Manager for Adult and Online Degree Students
Under the leadership of the Associate Provost for Academic Planning and Budget, the Integrated One-Stop Services Manager is responsible for implementing and leading a “one-stop” online point of contact for Dixie State University (DSU) adult and online degree students who are enrolled in one of seven brand new online-only programs launching this upcoming Fall Semester 2021.
The integrated services team and this Manager are new to DSU, thus offering the opportunity to contribute to building a new service entity for students that will be named DSU One-Stop, whose expectations focus on relevance, cost and speed. While some planning and designing of DSU One-Stop has been developed by a committee, this position will contribute to the final planning and design. Develop and train a team that delivers a high level of customer service to DSU adult and online degree students within these seven new online-only programs (and potentially future programs developed under Adult and Professional Education), providing guidance about admissions, financial aid, registration, career services, and academic advising. As necessary, the Manager will leverage additional DSU resources (testing services, tutoring services, disability resource services, etc.). This position will be both the team leader and will be deeply involved in daily operations with student clients.
We are seeking a leader who is innovative, customer-service focused, process-oriented and open to frequent change. This position is funded through September 2023, with possible option of renewing contract contingent upon funding thereafter . Additional information about Academic Affairs and DSU program offerings can be found online at https://academics.dixie.edu/ .
- Finalize the planning and design of DSU One-Stop, including:
- Develop a training handbook outlining processes, procedures and expectations.
- Design the office space environment.
- Hire and/or train employees within integrated services team and ensure they are proficient in their duties. Leverage campus-wide technology and systems to enable integrated services team success.
- Develop a website architecture to streamline navigation and increase online presence for current and prospective adult and online degree students.
- Manage the daily operations of the integrated services team.
- Establish a protocol for continuous improvement in efficiency and customer service based on ongoing data collection and analysis.
- Recruit and build relationships with prospective adult and online degree students.
- Assist DSU adult and online students (prospective and current) with a high level of professional customer service, from initial contact through graduation, enrolled within designed online programs. Evaluate student questions, needs or concerns while providing clear and concise information to help the student make informed decisions. Present information in an accurate and ethical manner.
- Take ownership of student issues until they are fully resolved while keeping the student informed throughout the process.
- Ensure all actions of the integrated services team comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and all DSU policies and procedures.
- Establish cooperative and collaborative relationships with faculty, staff and other internal stakeholders, mainlining a positive attitude and professional dealings with a changing environment.
- Participate in functional and professional development trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication Studies, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a higher education office of admissions, financial aid, registration and/or academic advising required.
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Strong critical, analytical thinking and written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills. Documented experience with Banner, Slate, Canvas, and other university campus platforms preferred.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with colleagues.
- Understanding of DSU academic programs, university policies and procedures, and administrative system preferred.
- Ability to work well independently and also accept direction.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings, as service and students needs may require.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $55,000 - $65,000, depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of August 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details. This position is funded through September 2023, with possible option of renewing contract contingent upon funding thereafter .
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins June 21 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George