Production Manager Schrott Center
- Bachelor degree and 3-5 years experience working in multiple theatre spaces within the academic setting working with a student crew, required.
- Required skills:
- Architectural Knowledge: Ability to read lighting and scenic plots and convert a plotted design to practical use.
- Architectural Knowledge: Ability to read, adapt, and generate CAD drawings, as well as accurately predict and plan load-ins based on these documents.
- Software Knowledge: Familiar with Vectorworks and AutoCAD
- Safety, Administrative Knowledge: Familiar with OSHA regulations and theatre safety including, but not limited to, three-phase power distribution, rigging, active line-set moves and safety inspections.
- Ability to Handle Stress/ time management: Ability to meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure atmosphere.
- Educational commitment: Understanding of and commitment to arts in higher education, especially in an undergraduate liberal arts setting.
- Educational Commitment/ability: Teaching experience, undergraduate level preferred.
- Technical Knowledge/Physical Skill: Technical knowledge of all aspects of theatre production including multi-media operations: Lighting, Audio, Video, Recording, Stage management, Scenery.
- Technical Knowledge/Physical Skill: Must be highly knowledgeable in live sound reinforcement and multi-track audio recording on both analog and digital consoles.
- Technical Knowledge/Physical Skill: Must be highly knowledgeable in Theatrical Lighting systems including: Hang, focus, plotting, programming, and familiarity with DMX systems.
- Practical Knowledge: Well-versed in the general practices and show procedures for a variety of events: Lectures, concerts, theatre, and dance performances.
- Educational Commitment/ability: Experience in training and supervising student crews.
- Union agreement and management experience: Experience with an IATSE Union Crew.
- Physical Ability: Ability to meet the physical demands of the position: lift 70 lbs, climb a ladder, working at heights, working on back or knees, etc. (ESSENTIAL)
- Physical Ability: Strong skills with power tools and basic construction.
- Mechanical Knowledge: Experience on boom and Genie Lifts .
- Physical Ability/ Work-life balance: Flexibility to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Teaching experience preferably at the undergraduate level, working with community-based organizations with minority populations preferred.
- First Aid: American Red Cross. CPR/AED: American Red Cross. OSHA Boom/Genie Lift: OSHA Boom/Genie Lift Certification. ETCP Certifications: ETCP Certifications in Theatrical Rigging and Electricity.
Advertised: June 04, 2021
Applications close: August 09, 2021