Senior Administrative Assistant (Tech)
Senior Administrative Assistant (Tech)
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and office reception for the Recruitment office.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Provide office reception and greet, assist, and direct students and visitors in person, over the phone and/or via email correspondence. Take and relay messages as appropriate, to facilitate communication among departmental staff, students and the public. Disseminate information and respond to inquiries. Review, assess and forward incoming general emails and voice mail messages to the appropriate staff member for response.
• Compile, format and prepare reports, memos, and documents to assist recruitment staff with reporting and communication. Assist with dissemination of information and facilitate communication among stakeholders, especially prospective students.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies.
• File student records according to established procedures.
• Manage calendars, schedule meetings and appointments to assist staff. Record proceedings, draft and distribute meeting notes.
• Work with staff to assist with event setup, coordination and clean up.
• Perform additional job related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED . Two years of experience providing administrative support, or completion of a course of study at the post-secondary level in Office Management/Support and one year of experience providing administrative support, or bachelor’s degree and work experience in an office environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to multi-task and interact professionally with a variety of individuals.
Preferred: Work experience in a secondary or post-secondary environment. Previous experience in the fields of recruiting, marketing, or public relations.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
The interview process may require the completion of skills assessments to determine proficiency in the software and skills needed to perform the position’s essential functions. If additional testing is required, the information will be provided to candidates selected for interviews.
Entry rate is $11.39 per hour with potential for a higher rate commensurate with qualifications
Monday - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Tuesday - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Wednesday - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Thursday - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Friday - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have work experience in a higher education
- Yes, in the field I am applying for
- Yes, but in a different field than I am applying for
- * Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent?
- * Do you have experience with Banner student information
- * Do you have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite?
- * Do you have customer service experience?
- * Do you have two years of experience providing administrative
support, or completion of a course of study at the post-secondary
level in office management/support and 1 year of experience
providing administrative support, or a college degree and work
experience in an office environment.
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Topeka