Vice Chancellor for Development & Alumni Affairs and Executive Director of the University of
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC), the University of Tennessee Foundation (UTFI), and the University of Chattanooga Foundation (UCF) are seeking nominations and applications for the position of Vice Chancellor for Development & Alumni Affairs and Executive Director of the UC Foundation. This position will report jointly to the Chancellor of UTC, the UC Foundation Board Chair, and to the University’s System Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs.
About UT Chattanooga
UTC is a community engaged university located in Chattanooga, TN, a renaissance city of 500,000 that has gained international attention for its total transformation over the past two decades. It features a renovated downtown and riverfront community with an expansive offering of outdoor, cultural and community activities, and it has become a wonderful place in which to raise a family. Moreover, its economic base has been revamped to focus upon a mixture of innovative technology, clean energy, light manufacturing, and healthcare employers, along with a growing number of public and private partnerships. The community boasts the fastest internet speed and connectivity in the nation. Chattanooga offers an excellent quality of life and a very attractive and affordable cost of living.
UTC is the second largest campus in the UT System and serves a diverse student body of more than 11,600 undergraduate and graduate students. The four academic colleges and the Graduate School of the University offer 49 baccalaureate degrees with 103 program concentrations; 8 graduate certificate programs with 24 program concentrations; 20 master's programs with 45 program concentrations, an education specialist program with 4 program concentrations, and 5 doctoral degrees with 6 program concentrations. Two additional units are led by deans: the Honors College and Library. UTC has ten Chairs of Excellence, an array of endowed professorships, and the UTC SimCenter for Computational Engineering, along with a companion PhD program. And the University’s Division-1 athletic program has been strengthened measurably over the past several years, producing very positive results for all involved.
At UTC, we boldly embrace a passion for excellence in all that we do as we change lives and transform communities. We prepare students for the challenges of tomorrow, collaborating with community partners, faculty, and staff to find real world solutions. Our focus is on what we do and on doing it well.
About the University of Chattanooga Foundation
The University of Chattanooga Foundation is led by an outstanding group of committed community and UTC alumni leaders. With an endowment in excess of 150 million dollars, the Foundation supports student scholarships, professorships, faculty development, and special enrichment projects throughout the University. The Offices of Development and Alumni Relations are housed within the Foundation, and the new VC/ED will be charged with further expanding and maintaining the strong collaboration between it and the University, and for the development of an integrated advancement strategy that will support the growing needs of UTC.
Qualities and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in a recognized academic discipline, with a master’s or higher degree being highly preferred. Higher Education experience is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrable experience and success creating, building and/or leading an advancement function
- The ability to structure an effective and productive overall advancement strategy and establish the office using easily understood objectives and related metrics of performance
- An established track record of developing, structuring, and closing large gift opportunities
- Positive managerial skills and the capability to adapt a leadership style to meet the challenges of the situations that will be confronted
- Personal magnetism and a dynamic sales ability – with a strong personality and commitment to community engagement
- Executive presence and the capacity to create a strong impression across constituent groups, both internally and externally
- An ability to relate to business executives and create respect – both personally and institutionally
- An ability to quickly identify peoples’ skills, match them to positions in which they can excel, and develop/grow their capabilities to increasingly higher levels of performance, thereby establishing an effective and productive office
- Capacity to build excitement, achieve buy-in, and navigate the relationships among the three governing bodies.
- Extremely strong oral and written communications skills with established networking capabilities
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity – and the ability to establish this as core value within the Office
- An understanding of Foundation operations and their inter-relationships with university partners
Compensation for the position will be competitive. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits and much more. Additionally, Tennessee residents do not pay a state income tax. For additional benefits information, please visit the UTC Benefits webpage.
Application and Nomination Process
Review of applications will begin on August 2, 2021 and continue until an appointment is made. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
Application materials must include:
- a letter of interest, which addresses the applicant's qualifications for, and interest in, the position, including a discussion of the critical leadership issues present;
- a current resume;
- the names, email and business addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five references
Nominations of qualified individuals are welcomed. Individuals wishing to nominate candidates for the position should submit the individual’s name and institution to the contact below no later than July 1, 2021. Additional nomination information, including contact information and comments, is welcomed, but not required.
Director of Employment Services and HR Operations
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability or covered veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Other Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga