Director of Alumni Engagement
Job Summary/Basic Function
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
The Director of Alumni Engagement develops the strategic planning and implementation of alumni programming to lead the Office of Alumni Engagement in supporting Millersville University’s EPPIIC Values and mission to provide diverse, dynamic, meaningful experiences to inspire learners to grow both intellectually and personally to enable them to contribute positively to local and global communities.
The Director is responsible for providing inspirational leadership to a team that works to 1) engage the 69,000+ alumni, 2) feed student recruitment, 3) identify and provide volunteer opportunities for alumni, and 4) support University fundraising. The office is expected to engage 2,000 new alumni and 6,000 total alumni (with a 2.5% goal increase each year) annually. The Director will provide evaluative methods for analyzing the success of each initiative for which the office is responsible and will continuously abide by best practices in the field. The Director supervises an Assistant Director and an Administrative Assistant, a graduate assistant, undergraduate student workers, and alumni volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years’ management experience.
- 3 years’ experience in working with volunteers.
- 3 years’ professional development experience or volunteer experience with personal solicitation.
- Demonstrated success in alumni engagement as evidenced through philanthropy, communications, volunteerism, and event attendance.
- Experience in event planning with strong attention to details.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets.
- Evidence of ability to develop professional relationships with constituents.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Ability to be a creative self-starter.
- Skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Understanding of the use of social media.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work remotely if required due to University procedures.
- Successful interview and presentation
- Three successful background checks.
- Master’s degree.
- 5 years management experience in higher education.
- Three years’ experience in alumni relations.
- Knowledge of the university, its history, mission, and direction.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville