Building Automation Controls Technician
Building Automation Controls Technician
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Building Automation Controls Technician supports that effort through the performance of advanced skilled craftwork in the building automation and controls trade.
PROGRAMMING: Takes a primary role in the operation of the Energy Management System in the areas operating platform, trending, scheduling, modular building controllers, workstation operations, PPCL programming and laboratory controls.
REPAIR & REPLACEMENT: Assists in and acts as a resource for the proper repair and replacement of mechanical/electrical sensors, and other control or metering devices. Maintains communication with remote metering and communication devices. This may require driving a university vehicle to various buildings on campus.
GATHER & ANALYZE DATA: Gather and analyze information from mechanical and electrical HVAC systems needed to evaluate proper operation such as air temperatures, air pressures, water temperature, water pressures, fan and motor RMP, Kwh, Kw, volts, amps, CT s, PT s, etc. Works with the College Energy Manager to determine proper sequencing and calibration of devices and controls.
HOT / COLD CALLS: Assists Area Maintenance with investigating and resolving hot/cold mechanical HVAC complaints. Responsible for maintaining communication with remote metering and communication devices.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to maintain a desired level of quality in assigned work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
- Working knowledge of the location of all power sources at the campuses.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve electrical issues.
- Ability to identify voltage levels with the use of digital multi-meters.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and the ability to coach and mentor teammates.
- Ability to read and install electrical components from prints, design and modify existing systems.
- Ability to maintain instrument calibration and data.
- Ability to utilize computer technology in order to operate and manage computer based electrical systems.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with high attention to detail.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written and provide exceptional customer service to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending over, stooping, twisting, talking, hearing, climbing ladders, using stairs, reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, or crawling. Pushing or pulling 10-50 lbs., lifting 10-80 lbs., carrying 10-50 lbs., repetitive use of arms and legs, driving, balancing, manual dexterity-fine manipulation or grasping. May require working in adverse weather conditions.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- Associates degree plus two (2) years of related experience or five (5) years related experience. Official transcripts required.
- Knowledge of DDC and pneumatic HVAC controls, graphics, calibration techniques, repair and programing of controls devices across a variety of platforms.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends.
- Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the highest quality building automation work across all Dallas College locations.
- Will troubleshoot and resolve building automation issues at multiple locations of Dallas College.
- Will install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair building automation systems.
- Will work with other Facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and provide a safe and healthy building for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist other Facilities Management teams as required.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Jun 2021 05:00 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas