Instructional Designer (Grant Funded)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 yr - $104,000 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Provides consultation and support services for instructional design strategies, assessment, technology, and distributed learning materials for instructional development technologies. Ensures that existing and new programs and services are in compliance with laws and regulations, institutional policies and best practices are in direct support of the overall goals and objectives of the organization. Provides status updates on ongoing projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrated expertise in program and course design principles and development. Proficiency in Instructional Design theories with a solid knowledge of course development software tools. Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to pay strict attention to detail and meet tight deadlines.
· The ability to identify needs, analyze and logically organize complex information and transform that into professionally designed, engaging and effective training materials. Experience interviewing and working with subject matter experts in a multi‐disciplinary environment to develop training content.
· The ability to work on multiple, complex projects; strong project management skills; with the ability to multi‐task and prioritize projects, assignments, and deliverables. Maintains an understanding of learning principles and the ability to apply them to the development and delivery of the learning experiences.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills, with experience using multiple forms of training delivery methodologies. Uses problem‐solving skills, analyzing the issue(s) and work collaboratively with diverse colleagues to resolve issues and implement new solutions.
· Consults with diverse individuals, faculty, and administrators on the design, development of curriculum and instruction. Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to make presentations and interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Must have excellent customer service skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Two (2) years experience in instructional systems design and development or educational technology instructional design
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license required
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. *
Preferred Skills: Adult education and workforce professional, at least five years teaching experience, experience working in a community college, and must be comfortable overseeing the instructional design process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Works collaboratively with faculty and colleagues on the application of instructional technologies, learning and cognition theories, and universal design principles when developing online and hybrid courses. Analyze instructional needs, provide expertise and assistance with innovative strategies to meet those needs and supports courseware development.
· Analyze and applies trends in learning technologies and instructional design. Provides guidance to faculty in exploring and developing new instructional programs and revising existing curriculum/programs. Apply project management strategies that concurrently lead multiple projects at differing stages of course design and development. Ensures compliance with national, state, district, and team standards for quality, evaluation, alignment, ADA and legal propriety.
· Builds relationships with diverse faculty, curriculum committees and textbook publishers by creating a strong sense of mutual respect, explaining roles within the project and taking the lead in directing processes and procedures. Improves usability within a course, updates assessments to reflect better alignment with core curriculum, and manage the impact of decisions, making changes when necessary.
· Conducts one‐on‐one assessments of instructor’s current procedures and course management strategy in order to recommend practical and efficient methods to improve student retention and optimize technology usage. Overcome faculty resistance to new pedagogies and technologies by ensuring faculty is comfortable with the technology tool and vetting the new type of teaching and learning through research and experience. Provides guidance that allows instructors to focus on the materials and student engagement rather than focusing on the precise details of instruction.
· Excellent communication skills to present written and oral messages that take into account the type of information being delivered and the diverse backgrounds, roles and varied responsibilities of the audience.
· Keep abreast of emerging technologies and how they can be used to improve the student instructional experience
· Serve on college task forces, committees and councils as required.
· Ability to research, collect and analyze data to make decisions.
· Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to needs of the Institute.
· Completes required professional development training hours per academic year.
Reports to: Associate Dean, Curriculum Innovation (CETL)
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. The Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 04 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time