Supervisor, HVAC Controls
DIVISION: Facilities Management
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for the day-to-day HVAC operations and maintenance of the equipment, maintains up-to-date records of inventory and equipment. Performs complex and routine repairs and provides preventative maintenance on all heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment; possesses familiarity with and ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings and is familiar with low voltage controls, motor controls and DDC controls; ability to service small gas burners and residential A/C units; installs new or repaired equipment; responsible for the cleanliness and safety of equipment in designated buildings; completes documentation; provides training and guidance to HVAC Assistant Mechanic; provides backup support and interacts directly with Department Manager and other supervisors.
UNUSUAL WORK CONDITIONS: Capable of working alone and able to lift reasonable amounts of weight with no physical restrictions. Position is normally 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL NEEDED:
EDUCATION : High School diploma; trade school or equivalent related
experience. Boilers license preferred.
EXPERIENCE : 4 years experience in a systems-oriented environment with direct
exposure to servicing; familiarity with tools and instruments related to HVAC industry. Demonstrated knowledge of electrical techniques; ability to read floor plans, electrical schematics, etc. Possession of S1 or S2 licenses preferred. Possession of EPA, OSHA or state licenses or certifications is desirable. Must have a valid State of Connecticut driver’s license in good standing and be in good physical condition.
Oversees HVAC Facilities Mechanics
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Energy Services
1. Perform routine and complex repairs and provide preventative maintenance
on all heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment located in campus
buildings, dormitories, townhouses, apartment complex and the Central
Utilities Facilities complex. This involves:
- maintaining air handling units with filter replacements, air
compressors, pneumatic controls, air conditioning motors and
towers and rebuilding water pumps, exhaust fans, etc.,
- familiarity with and ability to read electrical and mechanical
- ability to service small gas burners and residential A/C units,
- familiarity with low voltage controls and motor controls; familiarity
with DDC controls (e.g., Alterton and Carrier Comfortworks),
- ensuring the adequate operation, temperature, pressure and safety
- notifying Manager of any abnormal pressures and temperatures
- interacting with contractors as needed.
2. Supervise and aid in the installation of new or repaired equipment utilizing knowledge of electrical and mechanical technique.
3. Complete appropriate documentation. This involves:
- assessing and completing requisitions on supplies needed for
- maintaining and logging accurate records on malfunctions and
4. Assign work orders to HVAC mechanics and inspect their completed work.
5. Develop staffing schedules to ensure required coverage as well as the equitable distribution of overtime.
6. Provide appropriate training and guidance to the HVAC Mechanics.
7. Provide backup support if the Associate Director of Energy Services is absent.
8. Interact with the Department Manager on major equipment problems and recommending corrective action.
9. Participate in the growth and development of the department. This
- participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings and attending
seminars as needed,
- promoting an image of efficiency and courtesy throughout the
university community and consistent with the department’s mission,
- providing recommendations on system modifications, upgrades,
policies and procedures.
8. To promote safe and secure working conditions. This involves:
- promoting the proper utilization of equipment and materials,
- reporting immediately to supervisor any unsafe working conditions.
9. To perform other related duties as dictated or directed by responsibilities.
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Facilities - Staff
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield