Clinical Assistant Professor - PA Program
College of Science and Health
General position summary statement for UWL faculty positions:
Under general supervision of department chair, a person in this
position is responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate
courses, and advising students. In addition to preparing for and
holding classes [face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online], teaching
involves maintaining currency in the content area related to the
teaching assignment, evaluating students’ work, assessing student
outcomes, maintaining appropriate records, and holding office
hours. The individual is expected to maintain an active, on-going
program of scholarship appropriate to the discipline. In addition,
this individual will provide service to the department, college,
and university and is likely expected to provide service to the
community and/or the profession. Other duties may be assigned by
the chair or dean.
Description of College / Department / Program / Division /
Enjoy working with three of the nation’s premier integrated
healthcare systems and join the faculty at a highly-rated Midwest
University while living and recreating in the picturesque Seven
Rivers Region of Western Wisconsin and Southeastern
The University of Wisconsin La Crosse Physician Assistant (PA)
Program in partnership with Gundersen Health System, Marshfield
Clinic Health System and the Mayo Clinic Health System invites
interested PAs and physicians to apply for the position of a
full-time 9 month Clinical Assistant Professor. We are a
well-established program with an experienced faculty, small class
size, and 100% PANCE pass rate for the past twelve years. The
program is fully accredited through September 2027. The
quad-partnership provides for excellent clinical training, with
guaranteed rotations for our students provided by the Gunderson
Health System, Marshfield Clinic Health System and Mayo Clinic
Health System. The PA Program is one of six fully accredited
graduate and undergraduate programs in the Health Professions
This instructional academic staff position is eligible for career
• Must have a minimum of a master’s degree in PA studies (or
equivalent) with current NCCPA certification and eligibility for WI
licensure or have an MD or DO degree with current licensure and
• Minimum of 1-year clinical experience as a Physician Assistant or
physician to be completed by submission of application
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Skills in computer applications necessary for teaching and
• Prior clinical or higher education teaching experience
• Clinical experience beyond the required 1 year
Working conditions and environment
General leave-related statement for all UWL faculty
For the purposes of medical leave (e.g., FMLA ) during the ~30
weeks associated with the academic terms (15 for Fall and 15 for
Spring), teaching is calculated as 60% of the overall workload;
scholarship 30% and service 10%. Teaching percentage could be lower
as determined by the Dean if the faculty member has a reduced
teaching load from the 12 credits based on department or college
workload reassignments. Scholarship range is generally 10-30% and
service 10-20%. There are nine weeks of the ~39 week contract year
outside of the standard 14 week semester (+ one week of finals)
where 100% of the faculty member’s time could be considered
scholarship and/or service.
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial
package from the university.
• 22 days of vacation for 12-month positions (that are
• excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good
• paid holidays and sick days.
• sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health
insurance post-work at UWL .
• after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement
system which ensures income post-career.
• benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and
some of the strongest in state and nation.
Learn more at:
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This
information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits
are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
These are the job duties required for the position.
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Position Contact Email
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university
is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the