Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number PD0001 Working Title Postdoctoral Fellow Department Biostatistics Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range NIH Stipend Level Campus MCV Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the Department of Biostatistics at Virginia Commonwealth University. The main focus will be analysis and interpretation of the 3D structure of the human genome (Hi-C data) and the development of biostatistical methods and bioinformatics tools for 3D genomics. Numerous collaborative opportunities in cancer research are available. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks a stimulating interdisciplinary work environment.
• Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related field
• Working knowledge of bioinformatics sequencing data analysis tools, integration, and interpretation of multi-omics data, including single-cell sequencing
• Proficiency in programming, data analysis and visualization using R/Bioconductor, familiarity with Linux command line and high-performance computing environments, version control with Git
• Must demonstrate strong personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as a part of a team
• A track record of publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals
• Experience with machine learning methods for genomics data analysis; experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow) is considered a plus
• Experience with at least one of Python/Jupyter, Matlab, C, Java is considered a plus
Job Open Date 06/04/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing your previous research experiences, specific interest in this position, and programming experience, a current CV, expected starting date, as well as contact information for three references.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106618 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond