Posting Number S01406 Position Title Payroll Assistant Internal Position Title Payroll Assistant Department Finance Department Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
Under the administrative supervision of the Payroll Manager, assists students, visitors, and staff by acting as a receptionist; provides directions and answers for basic inquiries Performs essential Payroll functions.
1. High school diploma or GED
2. A minimum of one year of payroll experience
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
4. Customer Service Skills
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Associate’s degree in accounting or finance
2. Ability to use a 10-key adding machine
3. Knowledge of payroll and payroll processing
4. Prior knowledge of PeopleSoft software
5. Bilingual in Spanish and English
Posting Date 06/04/2021 Closing Date 06/20/2021 Expected Start Date 07/26/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $13.98 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
8 – 4:30 M-F
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Student/Customer Service: 20%
1. Creates deposit receipts.
2. Creates journal entries for the James Lumbar Center ( JLC ).
3. Inputs and Scans journals entries into the Finance System.
4. Assists in distributing gas cards for the CLC Women’s Center.
5. Verifies and distributes reissued checks to students.
6. Assists Accounts Payable in processing checks.
7. Assists student/customers and provides student/customer service.
Data entry/records coordination: 70%
1. Operates as a payroll help desk, fielding phone calls, and e-mails to help employees understand and resolve issues related to their paychecks and timecards.
2. Files all documents received and produced in the payroll office and scans documents into Image Now.
3. Enters Tax data, Direct Deposit, and additional pay into the Payroll System.
4. Assists with Additional Pay Process.
5. Assists with Payroll Processing, including Additional Pay, and auditing payroll for accuracy.
6. Sorts and distributes payroll checks and garnishment checks.
7. Prepares, processes, reconciles, and audits payroll data within the company-offered payroll system.
8. Provides requested documents to auditors and Human Resources.
9. Updates retirement and terminations spreadsheet.
10. Researches and responds to the State University Retirement System ( SURS ) inquiries from Human Resources.
11. Assists with unemployment filing for non-Illinois states.
12. Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, as well as reporting needed changes.
1. Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
2. Escalates issues to the appropriate level of support and/or management when necessary.
3. Assists with special projects.
4. Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and following applicable policies and procedures.
5. Completes other assignments related to Payroll / Accounting activities as needed.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a minimum of one year of payroll experience?
- * Are you proficient in Word and Excel?
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree in accounting or finance?
- * Do you have prior knowledge of PeopleSoft software?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- * Do you have knowledge of payroll and payroll processing?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake