Assistant Director of Admissions - School of Nursing
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Nursing (SON) is currently recruiting for an Assistant Director of Admissions to support the Office of Student and Academic Services.
Accountability | Civility | Collaboration | Diversity | Excellence | Knowledge | Leadership
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be process through Human Resources.
- Coordinate student admission process for a specific program or groups of programs for a school. Ensuring successful transition of the student from the admissions process through orientation.
- Manage the admissions process by engaging prospective students and applicants and ensuring they are informed of recruitment and pre-admission activities. Recommend opportunities to enhance admission process from inquiry through orientation.
- Coordinate and guide new students to student financial aid and other student services resources, such as academic accommodations.
- Coordinate the admission process with registration and records to ensure prospect to current student status is seamless.
- Develop a successful admissions process that supports the enrollment management strategies. Identify target audiences and develop recruitment plan.
- Participate and represent the school at national, regional and local recruiting events.
- Provide final analysis of information and credentials submitted by applicants.
- Coordinate applicant selection committee and develop processes for committee evaluation of candidates using holistic evaluation methods to make comprehensive selections.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures for the admissions committee evaluation.
- Contribute to the update and announcements on the admission webpage.
- Analyze target audiences and develops marketing strategies to attract potential students. Participates in open houses for prospective students, onsite school/hospital visits, and other recruitment events.
- Prepare reports concerning admissions and any research conducted in the area of enrollment development.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures for the admissions process.
- Represent the office of admissions as a participant in admission committees, information sessions and other admissions-related events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience in admissions, student enrollment, or a related field.
Supervisory Experience: One (1) year of experience at a direct management of staff.
Other: Related experience may be substituted for education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Baltimore