IT Identity Management Analyst, Information Technology
Information Technology invites applications for an IT Identity Management Analyst . The position of Identity Management Systems Analyst will report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in Information Technology (IT), and be part of a security team that is responsible for Identity & Access Management of user accounts and various systems on campus. This position will work with various teams across IT on Identity Management implementations and coordination efforts. In particular, this position will work closely with Enterprise Technologies (ET) in Information Technology.
Responsibilities include the implementation, configuration, and support of identity and access management systems. This position will help identify new system requirements, functional specifications for system use cases, functional testing, leading the development of an appropriate rollout strategy and support/training materials for other IT professionals. Additionally, supports Identity and Access Management systems to provide directory services, SSO, and group administration to a wide range of campus systems.
- Provide a solution-based approach to all challenges and execute a quantitative approach to solution design and documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable speaking and presenting to large audiences and the ability to communicate in both a technical and business manner depending on the target audience
- Proven technical writing skills and ability to produce quality documentation for technical support staff
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to document, plan, and manage large sized technical projects
- Strong ability to work in a team of diverse individuals and to share knowledge with peers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management, systems design, and application development.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive business relationships with others
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, time-management, and organizational skills to complete tasks with critical deadlines while paying attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with authentication technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Shibboleth/SAML, Kerberos, OAuth, and federated identity management
- Ability to follow and apply the University of Montana and departmental policies and procedures
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field and three (3) years of relative work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in working with Identity and Access Management Systems (ie: MidPoint, Microsoft MIM, or an equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role working with Identity Management Systems
- Experience working with provisioning of systems using HigherEd ERP systems, such as Ellucian Banner
- Experience with administrating authentication technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Shibboleth/SAML, Kerberos, OAuth, and federated identity management
About IT and UM
UM IT provides computing, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, supports enterprise level software, and offers a range of technology support services for the Missoula campus. The organization also coordinates with the other Montana University System campuses, the local community, and the State of Montana to ensure consistency of offerings and policy. IT at the University of Montana is led by a Chief Information Officer (CIO), who reports to UM's President and sits on the President's cabinet and council of vice presidents.
UM IT is organized into four major units of service delivery:
- Enterprise Information Systems, responsible for database administration and Banner deployment, including student, finance and Human Resource modules.
- Cyberinfrastructure, responsible for IT facilities, servers, classroom technology, central authentication, directory and email services, campus network infrastructure, telephone system and UM's network connectivity across Montana.
- Client Experience, responsible for a variety of client support services including contracted support services, UM IT Helpdesk, web application development, web content support services, software licensing, classroom technology support and computer lab management.
- Information Security, responsible for security policies and procedures, security awareness training, security incident response, identity management, and coordinating risk assessments with UM and MUS colleagues.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: IT Identity Management Analyst (Computer Systems Analyst III)
Position Number: NEW
Department: Information Technology
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner