IT Security Analyst, Information Technology
Information Technology invites applications for an IT Security Analyst to join their team. This position of IT Security Analyst will report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in Information Technology (IT), and be part of an information security team that is responsible for the security of UM’s IT environment. The primary responsibilities of this position include security monitoring, mitigation, and incident response for University data, applications, and systems.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Serve as a subject matter expert across a range of server, application, and networking technologies to advise faculty and staff on proper security controls and practices
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of emerging threats and assist with timely mitigation
- Design, implement, and manage a range of security services in coordination with information practitioners across UM
- Analyze and remediate potential security issues identified by a range of internal and external tools and resources, with consistent follow-through ensuring accurate resolution
- Train UM IT community members on the use of security tools and applications as appropriate
- Assess information security needs and recommend best practices and solutions to UM IT community members and UM faculty and staff
- Provide general security and vulnerability monitoring, consultation, remediation, and incident response
- Advanced knowledge of security and privacy best practices
- Proficient knowledge of server and desktop operating systems
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and practices
- Experience with security incident response
- Proficient knowledge of operating system and network traffic behavior and trend analysis
- Experience and/or familiarity with security frameworks such as NIST and ISO
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science and three (3) years of related work experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
About IT and UM
UM IT provides computing, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, supports enterprise level software, and offers a range of technology support services for the Missoula campus. The organization also coordinates with the other Montana University System campuses, the local community, and the State of Montana to ensure consistency of offerings and policy. IT at the University of Montana is led by a Chief Information Officer (CIO), who reports to UM's President and sits on the President's cabinet and council of vice presidents.
UM IT is organized into four major units of service delivery:
- Enterprise Information Systems, responsible for database administration and Banner deployment, including student, finance and Human Resource modules.
- Cyberinfrastructure, responsible for IT facilities, servers, classroom technology, central authentication, directory and email services, campus network infrastructure, telephone system and UM's network connectivity across Montana.
- Client Experience, responsible for a variety of client support services including contracted support services, UM IT Helpdesk, web application development, web content support services, software licensing, classroom technology support and computer lab management.
- Information Security, responsible for security policies and procedures, security awareness training, security incident response, identity management, and coordinating risk assessments with UM and MUS colleagues.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and has a student body of approximately 10,000 undergraduates and graduates, including more than 1,500 students of color and more than 900 international students and scholars from more than 70 countries. We encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disability preference in accordance with state law.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: IT Security Analyst (Computer Systems Analyst II)
Position Number: 412060
Department: Information Technology
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner