Director of Counseling Services
Simpson College invites applications for the position of Director of Counseling. Reporting to the Vice President for Student Development and Planning this position is responsible for coordinating and overseeing mental health, gender-based violence prevention, and wellnesses and leadership education. The anticipated start date for this position is August 1, 2021.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide counseling and mental health services to students; maintain appropriate documentation.
- Supervise counseling services staff.
- Oversee counseling services operations, including budget management, goal development, and assessment.
- Advise the Sexual Assault Response Advocates (SARA) program.
- Provide outreach and consultation to members of the campus community.
- Participate in divisional and institutional initiatives.
- Professional degree in counseling or related field required.
- Must hold Iowa license or be license eligible.
- Experience with college/young adult populations strongly desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior, related experience required.
- Skills in strategic thinking, relationship building, communication, and organization.
Simpson’s main campus is in Indianola, Iowa, a part of the Des Moines metropolitan area. The Des Moines area has a population of over 600,000, and economic growth has outpaced the U.S. as a whole. In addition, the cost of living is well below the national average.